spicy tomato creamy lamb curry. Add the lamb cooking and turning it in the mix for a few minutes until the lamb is opaque. The lamb curry I make is a version of my Ma's, but I make it even quicker by marinating it in buttermilk to tenderize the meat. This is a very spice-heavy dish (but not spicy from heat), so make sure you make lots of rice for sopping it up.
The Spicy Lamb Curry recipe out of our category Lamb! Add ginger, cinnamon stick, ground spices and curry powder and stir to combine. Add tomato paste and whole chiles. You can have spicy tomato creamy lamb curry using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of spicy tomato creamy lamb curry
- It’s 1 of half sliced savoy cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of three chopped garlic cloves.
- You need 150 ml of of single cream.
- Prepare 1 of one tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 of half sliced white onion.
- It’s 1 of two large white potatoes.
- It’s 1 of spinkle of all purpose seasoning.
- Prepare 1 dash of of salt n pepper.
- Prepare 1 of table spoon of hot pepper sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of of lamb seasoning.
- You need 400 grams of of diced lamb.
Watch Anjum cook up this easy to make curry with traditional Indian spices for a rich and flavourful dish. Anjum Anand's Quick and Easy Naan with Creamy Mint Chutney Waitrose Lamb curry with Fenugreek Dumplings – Indian Food Made Easy with Anjum Anand – BBC Food. It may take a little longer, but it's totally worth it and it's really easy.
spicy tomato creamy lamb curry instructions
- heat a large pot and cook the onions and garlic till softend.
- add the lamb and brown very lightly.
- add the tomatoes and all the seasoning and stir till evenly mixed in.
- you can add more seasoning to taste.
- after ten minutes add the cream and stir.
- evenly chop the potatoes fairly small roughly the same size then add to the curry.
- add 300 mls of water cover then simmer the curry for 30 mins.
- add the cabbage then cook for a further 20 mins.
- check potatoes are cooked before serving. best served with rice I used wild rice. could have with some bread.
Big flavours, minimal effort – it's a winner for us! Indian Lamb Curry made in an hour with and easy homemade curry spice mix and creamy tomato sauce, simmered on low heat until fall apart tender. Lamb is an interesting protein here in the US. Outside the United States people enjoy lamb dishes far more often, but here it gets the reputation for. Photo about Chennai lamb curry- chettinad syle mutton in spicy tomato gravy.