Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille. Hello Vegetarians.here's a crock pot recipe for you. I love ratatouille because it's so versatile and can be used to make a killer pizza, great on pasta or as part of a casserole with chicken and cheese, or how about ratatouille lasagna? I guess I'd better stop brainstorming and write down these recipes to post too!
Your slow cooker does all the work and keeps your kitchen cool. Use That Zucchini Or Courgettes As They Say In UK This time of the year, many people are looking to use zucchini. Zucchini plants generally give abundant yields if you grow your own. You can cook Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille
- Prepare 1 of large pack chicken thighs (or you can use boneless chicken).
- You need 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dry basil leaves.
- You need 1 can of Chick Peas (garbanzos,undrained).
- Prepare 1 of large eggplant, cut into cubes.
- You need 3 of zucchini, cut into coins.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of parsley Flakes.
- You need of Fresh garlic, minced (5-6).
- It’s of Salt.
Server over rice or eat as is. The is a low calorie and fairly low carb dinner you can easy make any night of the week. You might also like this slow cooker creamy chicken and spinach recipe! This Chicken Ratatouille Recipe is tender, juicy, and full of flavor!
Crockpot Chicken Ratatouille step by step
- Peel and cut eggplant into cubes, then place into a colander with a bowl underneath to catch drippings and generously apply salt to your cubed eggplant, let sit out with the salt for about 30 min.(this will extract the xtra moisture that’s in the eggplant)……
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with some black pepper and place on a baking pan, set oven to broil and broil chicken until slightly browned, then place into crock pot (use this step only if your using bone – in chicken thighs, skin on), I took out the skin on my chicken thighs,otherwise cut chicken and place into crockpot……..
- Cut up your zucchini, onion, green pepper, and mince your garlic, rinse off the salt from your eggplant and drain well, and place all veggies into crockpot, including can of undrained chick peas……
- Pour the tomatoes over the chicken and veggies in crockpot, then sprinkle your remaining ingredients over all…..
- Stir gently, cover and cook on low for 8 hours……
- Eat and enjoy with white rice or by itself 🍛!!!! 😋.
A classic french dish gets a makeover for simplicity and can be easily converted into a crock pot recipe so everyone can afford a few minutes to sit down together! Serve with some crusty bread and you have a complete meal that makes hearty leftovers. You'll love how simple it is to make and how delicious it tastes! If you're on a healthy chicken recipe kick be sure to try this Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe, this recipe for Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Breasts with Potatoes & Veggies, and one of my. Place the eggplant in crock pot.