Paleo Butternut Hash. Make it for breakfast with fried eggs or as a side dish – it's great any time of day. A Japanese sweet potato butternut hash with bacon, perfect for a lazy, but healthy, weekend breakfast or brunch! Beef or pork bacon, and greens add savory flavor to this classic paleo breakfast while sweet potatoes and butternut add just the right amount of sweetness.
It might lose a few points on snob appeal, but it makes up for that in the "quick" and "easy" categories, so unless you're feeding the Queen, it evens out. What can be better than waking up to the perfect breakfast hash? The sound of juicy, sizzling bacon on a hot pan and the smell of warm, fresh vegetables frying in the rendered bacon fat is bound to make the grouchiest of risers happy. You can cook Paleo Butternut Hash using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paleo Butternut Hash
- It’s 1 each of butternut squash.
- It’s 4 of stock green onion.
- It’s 1 of apple (experiment with different apple types to find your favorite).
- Prepare 1 each of white onion.
- You need 1 lb of bacon (Feel free to use turkey bacon if you prefer).
To keep this butternut squash hash recipe Paleo-friendly, we swap the white potatoes with butternut squash as an excellent replacement! This paleo take on breakfast hash combines the classic fall flavors of butternut squash and rosemary with breakfast sausage and eggs for a savory breakfast that is both nutritious and filling. Instead of the usual white or sweet potato hash, this paleo breakfast hash uses butternut squash to give the dish a slightly sweet flavor that pairs well. Butternut Squash and Apple Hash with Sausage makes for a great recipe for your weekend meal prep.
Paleo Butternut Hash instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and cube the squash, and place on greased/ oiled cookie sheet..
- Put squash in the oven for 10 min or until just about cooked through. Flip the cubes over halfway through cooking time. Set aside.
- Chop up and saute white onion until cooked, but not browning, and set aside..
- slice bacon into 1" squares and fry in frying pan until desired crispiness..
- drain bacon grease and add the white onion, the apple (cored and diced), butternut squash, and green onion (chopped)..
- simmer on low/med heat with lid for 5 minutes. Serve & enjoy!.
It's quick to make and reheats ever so nicely. Preparing this dish ahead of time, either from start to finish or simply pre-chopping your vegetables and cooking the sausage means you'll spend less time in the kitchen during the busy work week. Fill your bellies and hearts with this flavorful butternut squash paleo breakfast hash with veggies and eggs over easy! There is nothing that gives me a rush of excitement like a table filled with tasty brunch food paired with an occasional mimosa. This beautiful paleo breakfast hash is at the top of my.