Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken).
You can cook Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken)
- Prepare 1 of part vinegar.
- It’s 1 of part soy sauce.
- It’s 1-2 of Bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 of ke pork with fat cuts.
- Prepare 1/4 of ke chicken or more.
- Prepare 3 heads of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- It’s of Water or broth.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Sprinkle of peppercorns.
- You need of Oil for shallow frying.
- It’s of Options:.
- It’s of Add whole boiled egg/s.
- You need of Substitute with or add Balsamic vinegar.
- You need to taste of Add Oyster sauce.
- It’s Dash of Seasoning (knorr or maggi).
Thrice-Cooked Adobo (Pork or Chicken) step by step
- In a pot in medium heat, place in pork and chicken meat, equal parts of soy sauce and vinegar (depends on the amount of your meat, it's not supposed to swim in it, just enough to flavor it. Here I used about 3-4 Tbsp), chopped garlic, peppercorns, Bay leaf. Cover and bring to a boil, do not stir before that. This process cooks the vinegar..
- When it boils, check if the meat juices have come out and cover once more without stirring. Lower the heat and let it simmer some more..
- When you feel/smell that the vinegar has cooked through, you can stir so that the sauce touches all parts of the meat. Cover and let the sauce reduce to almost none, stirring once in awhile..
- After it has reduced, add water or your broth, up to almost top of the meats. Cover and reduce it to half, stirring once in a while..
- Once it has reduced, set aside and ready your frying pan with oil. Shallow fry the meat until all sides have a nice colour..
- This is a photo of the reduced juices. You'll use this again after frying. (Oops, too much peppercorns lol).
- Once done frying, pour the frying pan content into the pot with juices. Try to get everything stuck on the pan, that's flavorful, including the rendered fat oil. Stir to distribute the sauce on the meat while on low heat. Reduce it down a bit more as desired and it's ready to serve. Best served with rice!.
- Try the optional ingredients listed above. Just make sure the ratio of soy and vinegar are equal. :).