Palak Paneer. Palak paneer with video and step by step photos. One of the most popular Indian dishes is palak paneer – soft cottage cheese cubes in a mild spiced smooth spinach sauce. Palak paneer (pronounced [paːlək pəniːɾ]) is a vegetarian dish originating from the Indian subcontinent, consisting of paneer (a type of cottage cheese).
It pairs well with naan, paratha or jeera rice. Palak paneer recipe – Indian cottage cheese in smooth creamy delicious spinach gravy. In this palak paneer recipe, I have not blanched the spinach to prevent loss of nutrients. green coloured palak curry is palak paneer with paneer cubes, garam masala and other spices. finally, i request you to check my other top paneer curries recipes collection with this post of palak. You can have Palak Paneer using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Palak Paneer
- You need of For the gravy.
- You need 3 cups of palak; chopped, blanched and pureed.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium sized tomato, finely chopped or pureed.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt (or as desired, spinach requires less salt).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger, garlic paste (less ginger).
- Prepare 1 of small green chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chat masala.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 2 tsp of cream (or butter and milk).
- Prepare of For the paneer.
- You need 1/2 cup of paneer.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
Palak Paneer – a smooth and creamy spinach sauce infused with Indian spices becomes a delicious base You may know this recipe as Saag Paneer, but this recipe is actually called Palak Paneer, or. Palak Paneer is likely the most popular paneer dish from North India. Creamy spinach with tasty paneer makes a delicious main dish. This recipe was one of my first published recipes on YouTube.
Palak Paneer step by step
- For the paneer, saute paneer cubes in oil and set aside once done..
- For the gravy, add 2 tsp olive oil; add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds when hot..
- Once they crackle, add onions and saute till translucent (not brown)..
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli; cook till the raw smell is gone..
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy (if using chopped tomatoes) and till oil starts to separate..
- Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala..
- Add 1-2 tsp water to prevent the spices from burning..
- Add spinach puree and cook for 3-5 min..
- Add paneer cubes..
- Add kasuri methi and chat masala; boil well..
- Add cream (or butter and milk) and mix well; don't cook for too long after adding the cream..
- Serve hot with paratha or rice!.
Indian Palak Paneer or (Spinach with Paneer) is delicious, nutritious, full-flavored, and super easy to make in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker! palak paneer recipe is one of the many of the best loved vegetarian Punjabi dishes are the ones where paneer is combined with a vegetable. Some tips to make the perfect palak paneer recipe. It's coincidentally also the ugly duckling of all food that ever existed. Please, I beg you, I PLEAD with all my food-loving heart. Do not leave based on first impressions or.