Sophie's spicy corn dog muffins. Reviews for: Photos of Corn Dog Muffins. Spicy Corn Dog Muffins combine sweet and spicy in a delicious corn muffin that is moist and flavorful! These are made with Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and are easy!
Corn Dog Mini Muffins – Everyone's favorite corn dog made into the easiest mini muffins. Because everything tastes better in miniature size! Today I bring you these epic corn dog mini muffins. You can have Sophie's spicy corn dog muffins using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sophie's spicy corn dog muffins
- You need 3/4 cup of corn meal.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 40 grams of grated cheese.
- You need 4 of hotdogs.
- You need of Optional.
- You need 1 of instead of hot sauce, freeze dollops of ketchup the size of five pence pieces on grease proof paper. Add them to the muffin cups just before you add the hotdogs, and cook as normal..
Now, I first saw these on Iowa Girl Eats about a year ago but I just never got around to making it. Regular corn dogs or corn dog bites are deep fried. Corn Dog Muffins are baked, and they're so much better anyways. Cornbread with a few chunks of hot dog and some cheese mixed in.
Sophie's spicy corn dog muffins step by step
- Preheat your oven to 100°C..
- In a bowl, mix your dry ingredients. (Not including cheese and hotdogs)..
- In another bowl, mix your wet ingredients. (Not including cheese and hotdogs)..
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a grand blender and mix until smooth..
- Spray cooking spray on the inside of your muffin tin..
- Divide your mix between your 12 muffin indents..
- Chop your hot dogs into slices and distribute between your muffins. Poke them just beneath the surface..
- Bake for 25 minutes, topping with cheese 10 minutes before they finish cooking..
I like to put out an array of dipping "sauces." Corn Dog Muffins come together with a simple batter, hot dogs, and a quick bake in the oven. The batter is almost identical to that of homemade cornbread, but don't let that scare you off. These sweet corn bread muffins, chock-full of hot dog chunks and corn kernels, taste just like the real thing. "Our three boys were always asking for corn dogs, so I came up with this fast way to deliver the same flavor," explains Lynita Arteberry of Plankinton, South Dakota. These yummy, cheesy Mini Corn Dog Muffins are served with a side of spicy mustard. Mix up a Coney Island favorite with our savory Mini Corn Dog Muffins.