Low carb Loaded cauliflower casserole. This loaded cauliflower recipe tastes like loaded potato skins without all the carbs! Made with butter, sour cream, chives, cheddar cheese and bacon. This healthy loaded cauliflower was a hit in their book and a win for me!
If you ask me, loaded cauliflower casserole is already healthy! The cauliflower is a delicious way to make a low carb comfort food side dish that's packed with veggies. Is Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Low Carb? You can have Low carb Loaded cauliflower casserole using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low carb Loaded cauliflower casserole
- Prepare 3 cup of Colby Monterey Jack cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 6 cup of Fresh Cauliflower.
- You need 1 lb of Thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- It’s 6 tbsp of chives.
- You need 8 oz of Canned Mushrooms.
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole. When making the cauliflower cheese casserole, you steam the cauliflower first. Next, you will use a food processor to blend the cauliflower into a mashed consistency. This Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is the perfect low carb side dish recipe to pair with just about any type of protein.
Low carb Loaded cauliflower casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Chop 1 head of cauliflower.
- Pot boil cauliflower for 8 to 10 minutes, drain and let cool.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, 2c. Cheese, half the bacon and 3 T of chives, place in a casserole dish.
- Top with the other half of bacon, 1 c. Cheese and 3T chives.
- Cook in oven for 15-20 min until all cheese is melted and serve.
It is even good all on its own. From time to time, I will add some shredded rotisserie chicken and a little extra sour cream to the mix and make it a full meal deal. This Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is no different! You can make this recipe one of two ways. The recipe below tells you how to do it the first way (which, happens to be the easier way).