Slow cooker vegetarian pasta fagioli. I've been wanting to adapt pasta e fagioli for the Crock Pot for awhile, and this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Soup seemed like a natural variation. Sturdy kidney beans, carrots, and cabbage mingle with tomatoes and Italian-seasoned veggie broth for a warm, comforting dinner. This Crockpot vegetarian pasta e fagioli soup recipe is a hearty and flavorful meatless meal that is easy to throw together so you have a hot meal ready with minimal effort!.
This vegetarian Pasta Fagioli recipe is a super simple, hearty, and rustic Italian bowl of comfort. Pasta Fagioli is classic Italian soup, but hearty enough to be considered a pasta dish as well. This authentic recipe is full of flavor, satisfying and loaded with pasta, beans, and vegetables. You can have Slow cooker vegetarian pasta fagioli using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker vegetarian pasta fagioli
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 2 of small zucchini.
- It’s 2 of small yellow squash.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 litre of vegetable broth.
- It’s 28 oz of can petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of canelini beans.
- You need 1 can of kidney beans.
- It’s to taste of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of small pasta.
- You need of parmesan cheese.
It's a fabulous vegetarian meal as well! This is one of my signature dishes. Anyone who has spent time in my house has eaten my Pasta Fagioli. An easy and hearty one-pot soup, vegetarian pasta fagioli is an Italian classic!
Slow cooker vegetarian pasta fagioli step by step
- Put broth, tomatoes, onions, celery, garlic, beans, salt, pepper, and italian spice mix in slow cooker and turn on high for 4 hours or low for 8..
- An hour before soup is finished slice zucchini and yellow squash and put in with the soup..
- In a pot on the stove cook your pasta according to package directions..
- To serve put a scoop of pasta in the bowl top that with the soup and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese..
- This time i cooked the pasta in the crockpot for the last hour..
Swap the pasta : This recipe calls for ditalini (a tiny, tube-shaped pasta), so when substituting other macaroni, stick to a smaller shape like orzo. For Friday Favorites we feature past recipes you may have missed, and this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Soup with Whole Wheat Orzo is a soup I've made over and over, even including it once at my annual holiday soup party! I've made a lot of meatless soups through the years, but Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Soup with Whole Wheat Orzo is absolutely one of the best. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage, celery, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. The Best Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pasta Recipes on Yummly