Cajun chicken pasta salad. Mexican Pasta Salad with Cajun Shrimp Bake. Let cool slightly and then slice into bite-sized pieces. When done, shock in ice water to stop the cooking.
Spicy Cajun Potato Salad Here in Louisiana we have a lot of get-togethers, and if you want your dish to be chosen over all of the rest, it has to have a kick! Made with chicken breast, pasta, and plenty of fresh, colorful veggies with Cajun Seasoning is an easy meal! This Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is one of my family's favorite meals all-year 'round. You can have Cajun chicken pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken pasta salad
- Prepare of Orecchiette pasta.
- You need of Cavatapi pasta.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Paul Prudome poultry seasoning at least.
- Prepare of Italian dressing.
- You need of French dressing.
- You need of Bell peppers different colors cut into matchsticks and chunks.
- It’s of Black olives.
- Prepare of Green onion.
- Prepare of Yellow onion.
- It’s 3 halves of Chicken breast.
- You need of The best olive oil you can find.
This pasta dish has a creamy cajun sauce that coats every bite. This Cajun pasta salad is the perfect complement to any summer potluck, picinic or BBQ! Created by Natasha Bull of Salt & Lavender, the tender marinated chicken and zesty, creamy dressing bring heat and a cooling touch to this perfect outdoor meal. Cook the pasta in gently boiling water until al dente.
Cajun chicken pasta salad instructions
- Boil pasta al dente drain… set aside.
- Put oil in skillet (this gets really smokey if you can do this outside do it)Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks coat with olive oil…and paul prudome poultry seasoning (coat it well) when the oil in the skillet is smoking (be careful fine line here between smoking and a fire) the coated chicken gets crispy in the high heat (blackened) cook through..
- Have chopped peppers onion olives chopped and ready.
- When chicken is done add rest of veggies.
- Stir for a minute or 2 then add french dressing and Italian dressing let it simmer for a few minutes..
- Cool off (tastes great warm too).
- Put cooled pasta salad in fridge overnight.
- Flavors get better overnight!!!.
- This can be adjusted to feed a few or alot of people…. use amounts that make sense to you (I know….for you people who measure everything this kinda sucks sorry).
Remove from heat, drain, rinse and cool. Cook pasta as per instructions on the pack with a little salt. This Cajun pasta salad recipe will brighten up any summer potluck, picnic, or BBQ! It has tender marinated chicken and a zesty creamy dressing. This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere's – thank you for supporting the brands that keep Salt & Lavender cooking!