Jalapeño Potato Salad. Make This Classic Potluck Salad With Layers Of Veggies, Bacon And Cheese. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad, made with cream cheese, bacon, and lots of jalapeno peppers, is a spicy and delicious twist on regular potato salad that is just what you need to heat up your next cookout or picnic.
Make potato salad: In a large bowl, combine potatoes, bacon, cheddar, and jalapeños. Make dressing: In a medium bowl, combine mayo, vinegar, chives, and garlic powder. The jalapeno peppers in this potato salad recipe gives it a real kick. You can cook Jalapeño Potato Salad using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeño Potato Salad
- You need 3 lb of Potatoes, washed and partially peeled and cut into small cubes, then boiled until soft.
- It’s 5 of Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and diced or smashed with a fork.
- Prepare 1 cup of Idaho Mashed Potatoes Homestyle Buttery Flavor, make as directed but only use half of what the package makes.
- It’s 1 bunch of Celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 large of Purple/Red Onion, diced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Jalapeños, diced, fresh or out of jar.
- It’s 1 large of Green Pepper, washed, clean out the seeds in the middle and dice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Mayo, not the cheap kind, use Dukes or Kraft.
- You need 3 tbsp of Yellow Mustard, or how ever much you like.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Deli/Spicy Mustard,or however much you like.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chow Chow or Dill Relish if chow chow is unavailable.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder, NOT garlic salt.
This salad goes well with just about anything but really compliments barbecued pork. This is a FABULOUS, light tasting potato salad with a kick! I'm not a fan of the super creamy potato salads that most recipes are like and I'm always fond of jalapeno's. We like our potato salad on the drier side to get the full taste of the potatoes but you can make this as creamy as you like by upping the mayonnaise.
Jalapeño Potato Salad step by step
- Wash, partially peel, and cut potatoes into small cubes. Boil in salt water for about 20-30 minutes, or until soft (add about 3 tablespoons of salt to large pot of water). Drain and set aside to cool down. **pic- OR wrap potatoes in bacon and bake until soft, then chop up with bacon still attached and add it all to the bowl! This batch was EXTRA YUMMY!.
- Boil eggs until hard boiled, about 15-20 minutes. Cool down, peel, and dice or smash..
- Prepare package of Idaho mashed potatoes, as directed by package, set aside to cool..
- Dice up onion, celery, and jalapeños, put in large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Once eggs, mashed potatoes and cut up (boiled) potatoes are cooled down, add them to the mixture..
- Using large spoon, or gloved hands, mix up all ingredients and transfer into a pretty bowl (optional). Sprinkle with paprika to finish..
It's super kid-friendly done just as the recipe. This Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad recipe is a delicious twist on traditional potato salad recipes. It combines the flavors of jalapeno poppers (cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and cheese) with a potato salad. Warm or chilled, this Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for your next barbecue or potluck! The dietary lifestyle and nutritional information are provided for educational purposes only.