Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!!.
You can cook Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!! using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!!
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 2 pounds of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 jar of Marinara sauce Classico or any other preferred brand.
Italian style meatloaf no catchup needed !!! step by step
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Optional step Sauté onions and bell pepper in a pan with butter, and a pinch of salt and pepper, set aside to let cool..
- In a large mixing bowl mix the, beef, egg, and bread crumbs together until well mixed..
- Open the can of stewed tomatoes and drain the juice into a cup, and set aside for later use.
- Remove tomatoes from the can and chop, then add to the mixing bowl and mix until well mixed.
- Then mix In chopped onions and bell peppers until well mixed.
- Add the sauce from the sewed tomatoes, until the mixture is as “wet” as is preferred. Note It should be like a wet sponge but not soaked..
- Wrap a deep sided barking pan in aluminum foil, and take a few table spoons (2 or 3) of the Marinara and lightly cover the foil..
- Place preferred loaf sized of meat loaf in the pan, then lightly cover the loaf(s) with the Marinara.
- Bake 30-45 minuets or until the meat has reached 165 degrees on the thickest part of the loafs..
- Personal note I use small personal loaf pans to shape small loafs so everyone gets their well loved slice end or middle, there is plenty to go around.