Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top with a tomato slice. Slather it on bread, top with fresh tomato slices and cheddar cheese and broil it in the oven.
Here's how we do it: open-faced with crusty toasted bread, melty cheese, capers, cornichons, Dijon mustard, and plenty of seasoning. Spread the bread out on a baking sheet and toast. Spread the toasted muffins or bread with the mayonnaise, if using. You can cook Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts
- Prepare of Tuna Salad:.
- You need 2 cans (6 oz.) of each tuna.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mayo.
- Prepare of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp. of finely diced celery.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- You need of Tuna Melts:.
- Prepare 4 of English muffins, split.
- Prepare of Tuna salad.
- You need of Shredded cheddar cheese.
Diner comfort food just got a makeover! This classic tuna melt has the perfect amount of crunch, melty cheddar cheese, and veggies. Melts are one of my favorite types of lunch sandwiches. If you love a hot sandwich, you should also try these Open-Faced Turkey Melts and Egg and Tomato Breakfast Melts.
Easy Open Faced Tuna Melts instructions
- To make the tuna salad, just place the tuna in a large bowl and break it up with a fork. Stir in all the rest of the ingredients together and set it aside. Set the oven to broil and lay out the split muffins on a baking tray. Broil them until toasted to your liking, then set the oven temperature to 400°F..
- Top the toasted muffins with the tuna salad, then with a sprinkle of cheddar. Place them in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. That's it! Serve it up with whatever side items sound good..
If you want a cold sandwich, definitely check out my Open Faced Tuna Sandwich with. A Classic Tuna Melt is one of our favorite lunch recipes ever. A tuna melt is a warm, open-faced sandwich made with tuna salad and topped with tomato and melted cheese. The central ingredient is canned tuna — aka "tuna fish". There are some who think the best tuna melt recipes absolutely must be made with American cheese and toasted white bread.