Stuffed Flounder Fillets. Rinse fillets, pat dry with paper towels. Sauté onions over medium heat until tender. Made a few changes since there were mixed reviews about the mayo topping and the lack of seasonings.
The stuffed flounder is easy enough for a family meal and special enough for guests. Used a flounder fillet instead of a whole flounder and rolled it up with the stuffing in the middle. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and peppers. You can cook Stuffed Flounder Fillets using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Flounder Fillets
- It’s 4 of large flounder fillets rinse and pat dry.
- It’s 1 of large shallot minced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno seeded and minced.
- It’s 3-4 of red, yellow, or orange mini sweet peppers seeded and minced (depends on how big they are).
- It’s of *The small peppers are sweeter and the flavor is milder which pairs well with the delicate fish and sweet crab meat. I wouldn't recommend green bell peppers.
- Prepare of Zest of one lemon.
- You need Slice of the same lemon into wedges and reserve for serving.
- You need 8 oz of container of crab meat.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of canola oil or any neutral flavored oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of non stick vegetable spray.
Produce first, but all the meats and seafood along with the bakery are on the right, everything else in the store to the left….of course that means as a creature of habit, I pick up almost all of my produce first, then move on to groceries, dairy, and finally onto meats and seafood, with one. In a medium saute pan over low heat, melt the butter; add the onion and a pinch of salt and sweat until translucent. Fresh fish stuffed with lightly cooked vegetables and luscious crab meat is so easy, you'll want to make this all the time. Once the stuffing is assembled, it's rolled securely in flounder fillets.
Stuffed Flounder Fillets step by step
- Start with cleaning and filleting your fish. We had 2 big flounder and filleted both. We only used the 4 biggest and meatiest fillets for this recipe, which is the top side of the flounder. If you get yours from the market make sure to ask for the top fillets only. Don't worry… we didn't waste the bottom fillets. I fried them up the next night, but I get to that dish another day. Rinse the fillets and pat dry. Make sure there are no bones left behind..
- Open the crab meat and pour into a bowl. Gently pick through it for any pieces of shell. Set aside..
- Have all your other ingredients prepped (the peppers, shallot, celery, and garlic should all be minced very small and all the same size.) Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Once heated add one tablespoon canola oil, shallots, peppers, and celery. Stir until they just start to soften and add the garlic and lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and continue to cook for just another minute or two. You want everything soft but not fully cooked through. It will finish in the oven with the fish..
- Remove from heat and let cool. Then mix in with the crab meat..
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Spray foil with non stick vegetable spray..
- Prepare the fillets by making a slit down the middle of the flesh. Make sure you don't cut through the skin. Sorry I don't have a picture of me actually cutting the fillets, So use the red line as a guide from the picture below. Once you have your slit down the middle gently work your fingers between the skin and flesh going outwards. This will create a pocket for your stuffing..
- Lightly salt and pepper the fillets inside and out. Stuff your fillets with the crab and veggies. Place on your foiled baking sheet. Place in oven for 10 minutes..
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together and set aside. When the 10 minutes is up take fish out of oven and top with breadcrumb mixture. Lightly spray with vegetable spray to moisten breadcrumbs. You could use olive oil or butter, but I was taking the lighter option..
- Place back in oven and turn your broiler on. Keep your eye on it. It can burn very quickly. Once it turns golden brown it's done. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes..
- Serve it up with your favorite sides and a lemon wedge. We did roasted asparagus and a few seared scallops..
The Best Sauce For Flounder Fillet Recipes on Yummly Flounder With Lemon-butter Sauce, Flounder With Lemon Butter, Baked Flounder In Hollandaise Sauce. I'm not sure I can answer better than a former head chef, but one thing I was taught by a chef is to consider not only flavor profiles when planning your menu, but textures and aesthetics on the plate. Flounder is a white, soft fleshed fish with a. Top each fillet with the crab meat mixture, wrapping the fish fillets partially around the stuffing.