Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce). When I lived in Atlanta my roommate that was Haitian taught me how to make Haitian Pikliz. Its a hot pepper sauce that you can put on literally ANYTHING! Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce) Recipe by sarsid.
This week's Recipe How To Make Haitian Hot Sauce ( Piman Bouk ). Am Sharing The Way I Love. The makers of Louisiana Hot Sauce market it as one of the first Cajun food products to become commercially available. You can have Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce) using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce)
- You need 1 packages of coleslaw mix.
- It’s 1 of vinegar.
- It’s 1 of tight-sealing container.
- You need 2 each of jalepeno (or scotch bonnet peppers) slicd into rings.
Pikliz (PEEkleez) is Haiti's all-purpose condiment — it's hot sauce, pickled with cabbage, vegetables, scotch bonnets and a. In Kreyòl (or Creole), Pikliz is simply known as piment la kay. "Piment" means pepper or chili and ". Fritay is typically served with pikliz (a spicy coleslaw of shredded cabbage, carrots, scotch bonnet peppers, vinegar, etc. In the United States, in areas where there are large Haitian populations, there are restaurants that only sell fritay.
Pikliz (aka Haitian hot pepper sauce) instructions
- Clean and completely dry container.
- Fill container 1/2 way with coleslaw mix..
- Add 1/2 of the jalepenos.
- Fill rest of container with coleslaw mix.
- Add rest of jalapenos at the top..
- Fill container with vinegar to the top..
- Seal and refrigerate for a week..
It is prepared with a typical Haitian condiment called pikliz or picklese. You can run the Miami Marathon for natural endorphins, or get them the spicy way, through local hot sauces and chile-spiked pikliz. Use one Scotch bonnet pepper for a little heat to your pikliz, two if you're feeling especially fiery. Ellen Kanner For the Miami Herald. Pikliz is a pickled slaw common in Haitian cuisine.