Overnight French toast bake. Try The McCormick® Recipe For A Delicious Taste. Got the idea from a bed and breakfast in the south. Add additional ingredients; we like blueberries and cream cheese, cinnamon apples, nuts, and dried fruit!
You can absolutely make this recipe straight through and bake it right away, but for a totally hands-off and hassle-free morning, assemble it the night before and bake it in the morning when you get up. Topped with cinnamon and sugar, this fuss-free overnight French toast casserole is my favorite way to make the breakfast favorite. Since you assemble this baked French toast the previous night, you save time in the morning, and if you have an extra hungry crowd, it's easy to bake up a few batches. —Sharyn Adams, Crawfordsville, Indiana This was my first try at a baked French toast, and it was YUMMY! You can cook Overnight French toast bake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Overnight French toast bake
- Prepare of Bread.
- It’s 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Vanilla.
- It’s of Cinnamon optional.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of Confectioner sugar for dusting.
- It’s of Syrup.
As with most recipes, I scaled it down for my small family. I halved the recipe, added an extra egg and a little extra splash of milk, used whole grain bread (crusts on, cut into large cubes), and tossed the bread in the egg-milk mixture, rather than pouring it over. This super delicious overnight French Toast Bake recipe takes French toast to a whole new level! Pieces of sourdough bread covered in an egg mixture, topped with cinnamon sugar, and baked to perfection!
Overnight French toast bake instructions
- Melt butter in microwave.
- In a bowl mix (mix well) melted butter and brown sugar together. In a 13×9 baking dish cover the bottom of it with the butter and brown sugar mixture cover evenly..
- In a bowl mix eggs milk and vanilla.
- Place bread slices on top of brown sugar and butter mixture.I cut one piece of bread to fit on the side because it had a big gap I did that for both layers and Iam happy that I did, that is optional but I’d did it to get more..
- Using half of the egg and milk mixture pour over each piece of bread (can sprinkle cinnamon at this point if you like).
- Add the 2nd layer of bread and add the rest of the egg and milk mixture to each piece of bread and can add more cinnamon on top if you like. Wrap up and place in Refrigerator overnight..
- Bake at 350 for 30 mins with aluminum foil on. Remove foil after 30 mins and cook for 15 more mins..
- Notes- I put it on the broiler setting for the last 2-5 mins to get the top done a little more and a little crunch to it. I cut this into strips Iam not sure if you can see that in the picture, because this was made for kids or can cut it the shape of the bread..
This easy French toast casserole is the ultimate holiday or weekend breakfast!! Baked French Toast Simple just doesn't get any more delicious than this. The crustier the bread the better! It's no surprise we love breakfast recipes. I mean, we love them so much we have breakfast for dinner every Wednesday night (aka "brinner).