Herbed Rosti with Wild Mushrooms. In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Place crimini mushrooms in baking dish. Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme around the mushrooms.
Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. For maximum flavor, David Tanis rubs the bird with butter seasoned with sage, thyme and garlic. Dried porcini give the wild mushroom gravy a woodsy flavor boost. You can cook Herbed Rosti with Wild Mushrooms using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Herbed Rosti with Wild Mushrooms
- Prepare 2 large of Russet potatoes ( about 1 1/4 pounds ).
- You need 1 of Leek ( white and pale green parts only, washed , cut into julienne).
- It’s 1 tsp of Finely chopped fresh thyme leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper.
- It’s of For mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 small of leek ( cut into julienne, only white and pale green parts).
- It’s 4 oz of Fresh wild Mushrooms ( such as shiitake, oyster, or button , cremini) wiped clean, halved.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need of For serving.
- Prepare 2 oz of Fresh goat cheese ( softened ).
A truly delicious and impressive roast to serve on special occasions or even weeknights. A rich and savory mushroom wine sauce is a decadent pairing that only enhances the flavors of the meat. Pork loin is one of the most tender and lean cuts of pork, and ideal for roasting. Mushrooms work with nearly any spice or seasoning combination.
Herbed Rosti with Wild Mushrooms step by step
- Heat oven to 400°F . Peel potatoes and grate on the large holes of a box grater. Soak in water to cover for 5 minutes. Lift out with your hands and squeeze out liquid. Then squeeze out excess liquid in a clean kitchen towel. Or paper towel.
- You should have 3 cups of potatoes..
- Toss together potato, leek, and thyme , and season with 3/4 cup of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 10 inch ovenproof pan over medium high heat. , swirling to coat evenly..
- Add potato mixture, and cook, pressing down lightly with large spatula. Until bottom is golden and releases easily from pan, about 4 minutes..
- Invert Rosti onto a plate . Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and oil and swirl to coat pan.carefully slide Rosti back into pan uncooked side down and cook until starting to brown underneath , about 3 minutes..
- Transfer to oven ( since you are using ovenproof pan) and cook until deep golden brown. About 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile , sauté mushrooms. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Cook leek until translucent, stirring, about 1 min. Add mushrooms , season with salt and pepper, sauté until golden, about 4 mins. Stir in stock and cook until reduced and slightly thickened and mushrooms have softened, 3, 4 mints ..
- Slide baked Rosti out of pan onto a serving platter. Spoon dollops of goat cheese in center of Rosti. And spoon mushroom mixture over top. Cut into wedges and serve immediately ..
Try sprinkling sauteed mushrooms with five-spice powder for an Asian flavor. Meanwhile, use paper towels to remove any additional moisture from the halibut. Cut mushrooms into quarters; place in a large bowl. Add oil, herbs, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Pat turkey dry with paper towels and place on rack set in large roasting pan.