Popeye's Chicken Sandwich. Discover our menu and order delivery or pick up from a Popeyes near you. T he instantly-famous Popeyes Chicken Sandwich has managed to make quite a stir out of a humble dish. Partly it is lore: after Popeyes debuted the menu item August, it promptly sold out and.
Popeyes' customers think highly of the new chicken sandwich, and the online craze about the crispy, juicy chicken is just increasing the hype. Thick, crunchy garlic dill pickles are a must and we created an easy spicy mayo that glues everything together in the best way. Brioche buns are the closest to the ones from Popeye's. You can cook Popeye's Chicken Sandwich using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Popeye's Chicken Sandwich
- You need of Chicken Marinade.
- It’s 2 of x Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 1 cup of Buttermilk or Laban.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Breading.
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Corn Starch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Paprika.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 of tabespoon Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cayeene Pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Pepper.
- It’s of Spicy Mayo.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mayo.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Paprika or Cajun or Taco Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Other.
- It’s 4 of Medium-sized Brioche Buns or Burger Buns.
- It’s of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Sliced Pickles.
- You need of Burger Cheese.
- You need 3-4 cups of canola oil or Sunflower Oil.
They're slightly sweet and eggy and have a nice sheen on top. The Popeye's chicken sandwich has a very large chicken breast as the main focus, so be on the lookout for chicken breasts on the thicker side. Sweet-tasting buns with crunchy, meaty portions of chicken. It's one of the most popular fast-food menu items around.
Popeye's Chicken Sandwich step by step
- Gather all ingredients.
- Marinate the Chicken.
- Pound chicken breasts in between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 2 small pieces of chicken about the same size of the bun.
- In a large bowl, laban, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add the chicken to the mix and place in the fridge to marinate up to 24 hours or use right away.
- Too cook the chicken, heat the oil in a large heavy-duty skillet or pot on medium temperature.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, and spices. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the laban batter into the flour mixture and mix it with a fork.
- Work with one piece at a time, dredge chicken the flour mixture and press four on the top chicken to form a thick crust. Transfer chicken to hot oil and fry for 3-5 minutes per side or until the outside is crispy and golden.
- To assemble, melt one tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan and toast buns face down until golden and crispy. Whisk all the ingredients for the mayo in a small bowl and spread a generous layer of mayo on each bun. Top with pickles, cheese and chicken. Enjoy! 😋.
Due to its massive demand from loyal and new customers, the Popeyes chicken sandwich has always been sold out. Is Popeyes Fried Chicken Sandwich Worth the Hype. Before you bread the chicken breasts for your copycat Popeyes fried chicken sandwich, you'll want to start heating up the oil. Buttermilk fried chicken, layered between a Japanese milk bun, black. The new Popeyes chicken sandwich, right, with chicken sandwiches from Shake Shack (left) and Chick-Fil-A (top). (Tom McCorkle for The Washington Post; food styling by Lisa Cherkasky for The.