Curry Potatoes with Peas and Carrots. When you're there, add the carrots, potatoes, and minced garlic. Give it all a good stir, and then add about a At this point, taste it to check that the spice levels are where you like them. When you're there, stir in the peas and the rest of the coconut milk (and water.
I made this with leftover peas and. How to make Easy Potato Pea Curry. Add greens, use sweet potato for variation. You can cook Curry Potatoes with Peas and Carrots using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Curry Potatoes with Peas and Carrots
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 large of yellow onion – finely chopped.
- You need 3 medium of carrots – peeled, chopped to 1/2in. cubes.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic – minced (or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic).
- You need 4 medium of russet potatoes – peeled, chopped to 1in. cubes.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 cup of unsweetened culinary coconut milk.
- You need of Spice Mix.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
Jump These Bombay potatoes are super easy and delicious. Potatoes and peas cooked in an easy onion tomato and spice sauce and. The Best Carrots Peas Potatoes Recipes on Yummly Sweet Enchiladas, Basics: Rice, Fish Salad.
Curry Potatoes with Peas and Carrots instructions
- In a small bowl mix together all ingredients for your spice mix. Set aside..
- Heat a heavy bottomed 2 quart pot over medium heat. Add oil and let heat until just shimmering, but not smoking. Add onion and carrot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon..
- Add garlic and spice mix. Sautee until fragrant, about another 2 minutes, stirring frequently so spices and garlic do not burn..
- Add cubed potatoes and stir to coat, still using your wooden spoon. Add 1 cup of the vegetable stock and 1/2 cup of the coconut milk. Stir to combine..
- Increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil quickly, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer. Stir occasionally to ensure no sticking, and check liquid levels. When it looks like liquid has reduced by half add the other 1/2 cup vegetable stock and 1/4 cup of the coconut milk..
- Continue simmering and stirring occasionally until potatoes and carrots are very tender and curry sauce is nice and thick. About 15 – 20 minutes. Add frozen peas and last 1/4 cup of coconut milk in last 5 minutes. Stir to incorporate And heat through..
- Enjoy on its own as a vegetarian/vegan main dish or paired with a tasty tikka masala and/or naan bread..
- Note: Culinary coconut milk is thicker and richer than standard, canned coconut milk; its consistency is even a little thicker than cream. The brand I buy comes in a small carton in the health food section of my local grocery store. If you cannot find culinary coconut milk a can of regular unsweetened coconut milk will do, but you may need to use up to 1/2 cup more to achieve the same richness. If this is the case add 1 full cup when you add the first 1 cup of vegetable stock, then follow the steps for the remainder of the additions. Please note, your curry may still not be as thick but it will still taste good. :).
Aloo Gajar Matar (Indian Potato, Carrots & Peas). This Aloo Gajar Matar – A simple, nutritious, and quick stir fry with potatoes, carrots and green peas. This punjabi style dry curry is. Learn to make Potato curry with peas and carrots(Aalo, Matar & Gajar.) This recipe is easy and quick to make. Reduce heat to low and add the potatoes and carrots.