Baked Mussakhan on bread. Among Palestinians, mussakhan is a beloved roast chicken dish, at once energetic and comforting In this recipe, adapted from Yasmin Khan's "Zaitoun: Recipes From the Palestinian Kitchen," you'll rub chicken thighs and drumsticks with spices, painting the skin a sumac-stained fuchsia Marinate the meat with red onion for a few hours before roasting them in the oven, where the onions. The beauty of this recipe (besides great taste) is it's ability to freeze (and defrost) so well, with no loss of flavour, making it ideal for OAMC (once a month cooking). Note: Greeks do not eat their food piping hot out of the oven – especially in the summer heat.
Try it, don't be intimidated by the recipe. Second, it calls for way too much onion and eggplant. Greek Moussaka recipe – Prepare the vegetables. You can cook Baked Mussakhan on bread using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Mussakhan on bread
- It’s 4 pounds of drum sticks chicken.
- You need 3 pounds of onions.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of sumac.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of each.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- Prepare 16 oz of whole wheat flour tortilla or pita bread.
- It’s of For chicken broth one tablespoon of.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of black Pepper.
- It’s of Anistar.
- Prepare leaves of Bay.
- You need of Cloves.
- Prepare of Coriander seed.
- You need 4 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s of Dry lemon ground.
- You need of Cumin seed.
The base for a traditional Greek moussaka is most commonly fried eggplants. Some moussaka recipes also use sliced potatoes, so if you like potatoes, try adding a layer of sliced potatoes as the first layer to this amazing dish for some extra comfort during the winter months. It can be used a side dish to a bigger meal, or a meal all in its own. Normally it is made with freshly baked Arabic Bread, but I have tried it with pita bread, since not everyone has time to make fresh bread, and it still came out great!
Baked Mussakhan on bread step by step
- Wash chicken add to the pan cook with 4tablespoon of olive oil for five minutes let it get some color then add all the spices and cook some more after 10 minutes add 4 cups of hot water cook for half hour.
- Slice all the onions add to the pan with 1/2 cup olive oil and cook to get it soft about 20 minutes in the end add salt sumac paprika.
- When the chicken is ready add on top the onions add 2 cups of chicken broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Get a baking tray ready dip all the bread at the sauce then place on tray spread the onions and chicken on top baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then broil for 5 minutes keep your eyes on it.
- Crispy edges on the side.
Depending on the size of your bread would depend on how many pieces you would need. w. The epitome of Greek comfort food, moussaka is basically a hearty eggplant casserole with a juicy, flavor-packed meat sauce. Topping the meat is either a rich bechamel sauce- a French influence that was introduced later-or, as in today's Moussaka recipe, a cheese-based topping. Palestinian chicken Musakhan is one of the traditional and rich recipes that speaks volumes of this generous cuisine. Roast chicken with sumac served over a bed of musakhan bread with caramelized onions and roasted almonds.