Lee's Stuffed Summer Tomatoes Revisited. Lee's Stuffed Summer Tomatoes Revisited A summer favorite of mine!! Pastor Ryan's Roasted Ricotta Roma Tomatoes Ryan shares this delicious summer dish for all of us to enjoy. This is a fresh, delicious, and simple to prepare recipe fenway.
Thus makes an amazing lunch or light dinner. This is a really good way to use up some of the summer tomatoes that you have in your garden. I would not reccomend using store bought tomatoes, unless you know the source. You can have Lee's Stuffed Summer Tomatoes Revisited using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lee's Stuffed Summer Tomatoes Revisited
- It’s 350 of ' Preheated Oven.
- Prepare 4 of Vine Ripe Tomatoes (6-8 Ounces).
- You need of Reserved Liquid and Pulp.
- Prepare 3 of \4 – 1 Cup Italian Seasoned Dry Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 of \2 Teaspoon Table Salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Dry Italian Seasoning Herbs.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s 1 of \2 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 1 of \4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley (Not the dried stuff!!).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1 of \2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of \2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
This is a really good way to use up some of the summer tomatoes that you have in your garden. I would not reccomend using store bought tomatoes, unless you know the source. Farmers market would be a great place buy fresh tomatoes if you need to. Baked Tomato Slice Haiku: "Easy to prepare but prefer broil to bake not bad just not great." Made AR's "Italian Nutthouse Broiled Tomatoes" last week and found those far superior to these and I can only assume it was b/c it was a broil rather than bake.
Lee's Stuffed Summer Tomatoes Revisited instructions
- Core and slice off tops of tomatoes. Using a spoon gently scoop out the flesh of tomatoes. I use a serrated grapefruit spoon to do this. Save all the flesh and juice in a separate bowl. Lightly salt inside of tomatoes and place upside down on a plate to drain..
- Add all other 10 ingredients to your reserved tomato mixture. Depending on how much juice you have you may need more or less breadcrumbs. Start with a 1\2 Cup and work up from there. You want the mixture to be thick enough to work with..
- Spoon mixture generously into your tomatoes. You really shouldn't haven't any stuffing leftover. Pile high generously..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until stuffing mixture is cooked through. I usually broil for the last 2 minutes to enhance browning on the tops. Message me with any questions. Enjoy the summer!!.
A summer favorite of mine!! jason williams. I'm keeping the same basic flavor but using my chicken rub recipe with a few adjustments in the smoking technique. Giada fills them with bread crumbs, cheese, garlic and herbs. They'll become your new go-to dish. A good Italian friend taught me a dish with the tomatoes cooked the same way but take them out after an hour, spread cooked rice mixed with Parmesan cheese, butter, parsley into the tomato juices and cooked tomatoes (or stuff the tomatoes with the rice) let bake some more until some of the rice is golden, crispy, and the juices are bubbling.