Baked jalapeño poppers. Forego the frying but keep all the goodness of Cheddar- and cream cheese-stuffed jalapenos with this recipe for baked jalapeno poppers. Forego the frying but keep all the goodness of Cheddar- and cream cheese-stuffed jalapenos with this recipe for baked jalapeno poppers. These baked ones are just as good and a lot healthier.
Mix cream cheese and Cheddar cheese together in a bowl until evenly blended. Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture. Put halves back together and wrap each stuffed pepper with a slice of bacon. You can have Baked jalapeño poppers using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked jalapeño poppers
- It’s 7 of large jalapeño.
- Prepare 4 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 oz of hot breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese grated.
- You need of Plain Japanese panko.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- You need 1/2 of cumin.
- You need 3 tsp of Emeril seasoning.
The all-in-one finger food for a party, our Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are simply the best that you'll find. The filling for these peppers is ultra savory with garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce giving a mouth-smacking layer of flavor to the tang of cream cheese and the punchy sharpness of cheddar. Best Ever Jalapeno Poppers Best Ever Jalapeno Poppers. This is a recipe I made by taking the best of three or four popper recipes and combining them to make something that tastes wonderful.
Baked jalapeño poppers step by step
- Wash and slice the jalapeño in half but retain the stem membrane so it’s closed in the back.
- Add egg to a bowl with 1 tsp Emeril essence and beat.
- Add flour to a bowl along with 2 tsp Emeril essence.
- Add 1 cup panko to a 3rd bowl.
- Cook the sausage until cooked and crumbled then drain on a paper towel..
- Mix the sausage, cream cheese, Monterey Jack, cayenne and cumin together really well..
- Evenly stuff each jalapeño with about a tbsp of the mixture, or as even as you can, and pack well..
- Start your oven to 350.
- Dredge each jalapeño in the flour then the egg and then the panko pressing the panko lightly on the top and the bottom into the panko, you won’t get a ton on the bottom so don’t sweat it. (This is when I use my olive oil sprayer to lightly spray the top of the panko so it will brown nicely but it’s optional).
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes and then crank to 500 to 550 broil for about 5 minutes until the top is brown, watch close..
- I serve mine with a spicy ranch but choose what you like, enjoy!.
A frequent request at my house, and at others. Jalapeno poppers will make you a hero at your next gameday get-together. These pepper poppers are stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar before being baked, not fried, to spicy perfection. Forego the frying but keep all the goodness of Cheddar- and cream cheese-stuffed jalapenos with this recipe for baked jalapeno poppers. These jalapeno poppers are stuffed with a spiced mixture of cream cheese and white cheddar cheese, then baked until the cheese is nice and melty.