Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata. Melitzanosalata, or Greek Eggplant Dip, is a simple yet tasty dish of roasted eggplant, garlic, oil, and lemon juice. It's perfect spread on toasted bread I only started to like eggplant when I took a cooking class while in Athens. We made Melitzanosalata, a Greek eggplant dip recipe.
Melitzanosalata is a Greek Eggplant Dip that's made from roasted or charred eggplants, garlic, onions, olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley. It has a chunky consistency and is usually served as a mezze (appetizer) with either a pita or crusty bread. If you're looking for full emersion, you can top it with. You can cook Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata
- It’s 3 of medium size aubergines.
- You need 1 of medium bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 30 ml of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium size lemon.
- It’s of Salt and pepper as you wish.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of vinegar.
Greek Eggplant Dip (Melitzanosalata) is a classic Greek appetizer. It is made with baked eggplants, Greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon and without tahini. This rustic recipe was submitted by a reader of this blog many years ago, but only now I managed to take a photo of it so that you can see how great. Summer it seems has come to an end here in Athens, rain, thunderstorms and cloudy skies are sending a clear message, even It seems fitting to share one last summery recipe for the year, and that is melitzanosalata, basically an eggplant dip, Greek style.
Eggplant Greek dip A.K.A. Melitzanosalata instructions
- The night before: You bake in 200 degrees at the oven the aubergines and pepper wrapped each one in an aluminum foil. You bake them till they are very very soft (try to check with a fork after 30 min). When they will be ready unwrap them, take their skin out (aubergines and pepper) while they are warm and let them cool all night in a strainer.
- Next day: Mush with a fork the aubergines, pepper and add all the other ingredients till they will become a creamy sauce..
- If you want you can add 100 gr of feta but this is not the original recipe. Enjoy!.
Greek Eggplant Dip melitzanosalta is a light and tasty appetizer, that is perfect served with vegetables, sesame crackers or pita chips. I'm sure none of you will mind, right? We are starting off our meal with this super delicious Greek Eggplant Dip, aka Melitzanosalata…. Melitzanosalata – A Greek eggplant dip made with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, grated onion, and red wine vinegar. Melitzanosalata—written μελιτζανοσαλάτα in Greek and pronounced meh-leed-zah-no-sah-LAH-tah—is a delicious, traditional Greek eggplant dip.