Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free). You know the problem with most quinoa salads? There's not enough meat in them. Let's not get any If you make sure your vegetable broth is gluten-free, then the whole dish is!
Serve this curry over your favorite rice, quinoa or veggies. Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Gluten-Free Quinoa Crusted "Fried" ChickenCooking On The Weekends. sea salt, olive oil, skinless chicken breasts, large egg, freshly ground black. You can cook Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) using 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free)
- It’s 600 g of chicken breasts (or turkey breasts).
- You need 250 g of quinoa (white, red, or mix).
- It’s 1 can of tomato puree (approx. 300ml).
- Prepare 200 ml of heavy cream (or coconut milk).
- Prepare 3 of onions.
- It’s 2 of leeks.
- It’s 4 of carrots.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of chilli pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of turmeric.
- It’s 2 spoons of coriander seeds (aka cilantro seeds).
- Prepare 2 spoons of garam masala mixture.
- It’s 2 spoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 spoons of sugar (coco flower sugar preferably).
- It’s 8 spoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 spoons of fresh or dried cilantro.
How to Make Turmeric Chicken and Quinoa. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add garlic, tomatoes, curry powder, cumin and quinoa. In a bowl, toss chicken with curry powder; set aside.
Chicken curry with quinoa (gluten free) instructions
- Prepare your ingredients for the kari. If possible, use whole spices and grind them using mortar and pestle. This gives more flavor to your dish compared to the already grinded spices. In the end, all spices used must be grinded into powder either way..
- Prepare your ingredients for the quinoa side dish..
- Start with quinoa. I've used one cup of quinoa, which equals to almost 250g..
- Unless properly washed, quinoa can be bitter after cooking. To avoid this, wash it properly with a boiling water — I needed approx. 1 liter..
- Add washed quinoa into a pot and add 2.5x more water than the volume of quinoa. I've used 1 pot of quinoa, hence 2.5 pots of cold water..
- Add the heat until the water in the pot starts boiling. Then turn down the heat and let the water to simmer. It takes 15-20 minutes..
- While quinoa cooks, prepare the main dish. Cut the meat (I've used turkey breasts) into small cubes (size of the thumb)..
- Cut the onions into small pieces..
- Cut the carrots into the julienne-like slices. You could also use other veggies, such as zucchini, eggplant, spring onions, bell peppers… The key thing to bear in mind is that you add veggies *at the end* of the process only to heat them up and make them smoother. You don't want them to be overcooked without that "crispiness". 🙂 Garlic and the chilli pepper are the only ones you add before since they give additional taste to the dish..
- Cut the leeks, chilli pepper and garlic into slices..
- Add olive oil and the spices into the pan, mix all together and heat it up..
- Heat the mixture for 1 minute. Soon, the spices will start to form small bubbles in the olive oil..
- Add onions into the spicy olive oil and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions diminish in size..
- Add cubes of meat, mix it with the spicy onion and olive oil and saute it for another 3-5 minutes..
- Add 1 sliced pepper and 4 cloves of garlic. Mix together..
- Add 1 can tomato puree and mix together..
- Add 2 spoons of sugar — I've used the coconut flower sugar..
- Add sliced leeks and cut carrots and mix well together..
- Add heavy cream and mix well together..
- Bring the mixture to boil and then turn off the heat..
- Serve your wonderful dish. If possible, sprinkle with fresh or dried cilantro. 🙂 To make smoother, add a slice of.
In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil. Divide quinoa among plates and top with curry. Chicken, quinoa, and apples, combine in this tasty, easy curry! Place the chicken, onion, celery, apple, chicken broth, milk, curry powder, and paprika into a slow cooker; stir until mixed. This curry chicken salad is creamy & luscious, & super healthy.