Vegetarian fried rice *Vegan. Now we're talking… To make this vegan fried rice you're gonna need oil, veggies, tamari or soy sauce and rice, of course. As you can see, the ingredients are so easy to get and you can use your favorite vegetables. We've used garlic, onion, carrot, corn and peas.
It's perfect as a side or main course and a perfect way to use up leftover rice. I am in love with this vegan fried rice! While testing this recipe we have had a few batches of this fried rice in the fridge at any one time and I have been loving it. You can have Vegetarian fried rice *Vegan using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian fried rice *Vegan
- It’s 1 of plate of steamed rice.
- It’s 2 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of choy sum or bokchoy.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion or 4 shallots.
- Prepare 1/4 of brocoli.
- It’s 1 of spring onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of rsp pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
I prefer short-grain brown rice since it's a little chewy, but medium-grain or jasmine rice will work, too. Here's how I cook brown rice. This vegetable tofu fried rice recipe is delicious on its own but you can pair it with a side of Chili Garlic Noodles and Orange Tofu Asparagus. If you are having a party then these Pad Thai style Tofu Satay and Bulgar Wheat rainbow Salad with Thai Mango Dressing make a great starter.
Vegetarian fried rice *Vegan step by step
- Chop the red onion, garlic, 1 carrot, spring onion, choy sum or bokcoy..
- Pre-heat cooking oil, put chopped red oniom and garlic in, stir it until it smells good..
- Put chopped carrot, choy sum or bokchoy, spring onion in, stir it well, wait until cooked..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and stir it well..
- Gradually put rice in and stir it well, pour sweet soy sauce little by little until the rice turns brown, stir it well. And serve it on the platter..
- Steam another carrot and brocoli, put them on the platter next to the fried rice for garnish..
Garnish your fried rice with additional sesame seeds, or green onions, or serve as is! The sauce can be prepared ahead of time, along with the rice, to save some time in the kitchen. Fried rice also reheats well, so you can always make the entire dish on a Sunday to enjoy for lunch or dinner during the week. Beans and rice are considered comfort food in many countries. The reason is that beans are so versatile, there are several varieties, and they can be used for several different recipe applications.