Boston Cream Pie. Boston cream pie is a heavenly combination of light buttery layer cake, creamy vanilla custard and rich chocolate icing. Master this classic cake—the "pie" title is a holdover from a time when cakes and pies were typically baked in the same type of pan—and you'll always have a showstopping dessert for birthdays and other special celebrations. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
And as the theory goes, it's called a pie because at the time pie plates were more commonly used for cakes so it was actually baked in a pie plate and then layered like a cake. Add the egg and mix until completely combined. Sift together the cake flour, baking powder and salt in a. You can cook Boston Cream Pie using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Boston Cream Pie
- Prepare of Custard Filling.
- Prepare 2 of Egg Yolks only.
- Prepare 1.5 Cups of Almond Milk.
- You need 1/3 Cups of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Creme Bouquet (or clear vanilla if your a casual).
- You need of Cake!.
- It’s 1.5 Cups of Cake Flour (Use all purpose and replace 2.5 tbps with cornstarch if you dont have any like I never do…).
- You need 1 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Butter.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Almond Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Creme Bouquet (or some vanilla).
- You need of Chocolate Topping.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 3 oz of Unsweetened dark chocolate 70% + (consider.
- You need 1 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Crem Bouquet (yeah.. Vanilla).
- You need tbsp of Hot Water – ~4.
Boston Cream Pie made from scratch in your own kitchen! Step by step instructions on how to make vanilla custard, easy single layer cake and smooth, rich chocolate ganache for this classic Boston Cream Pie recipe. Layer it all together and you've got a show stopping dessert that tastes incredible. It was dense and undercooked and had to be thrown away.
Boston Cream Pie step by step
- Make the Custard. I usually make the cake and the custard in one evening and the next day make the chocolate and assemble as this needs a few hours to set….
- Whisk the 2 yolks in a bowl and add the Almond milk..
- Mix Sugar, Cornstarch, Salt well together in a small sauce pan until blended.
- Turn on the heat to med/high and add the egg milk mixture..
- Stir constantly until it starts boiling at the edges and it will start thickening. Boil like this for 60 seconds only! Then turn off the heat and mix in the Creme Bouquet flavoring..
- Pour into a glass bowl and cover with plastic and a lid, put it in the fridge for at least a few hours. Overnight is great..
- Now make the cake! Pre-Heat oven to 350deg. Prepare a 9in cake pan however you do. I crisco the pan and dust with flour and it never sticks..
- Sift all the dry cake ingredients into a mixer bowl. Add all the wet ingredients. Mix slowly for a few turns and get it all homogenized..
- Mix on high for 3 minutes and make sure to scrape it down a few times to ensure its even and airy..
- Pour into cake pan evenly and bake for about 30min until test comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20min..
- Baste cake with simple sugar if you like to. Wrap it in plastic and store in fridge overnight with the custard..
- Assembly time! Get the cake out and torte it. Layer the bottom with the custard and set the top on it. It will be jiggly. Have a dance party and shake with it. Then get to the chocolate topping. (Maple maybe if you like?).
- Heat 4 tbsp or so of water for 30s or so to make it hot. Set it aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in small sauce pan..
- When silky smooth, remove from heat and add vanilla and add in the powdered sugar about a third at a time and keep stirring until its sort of a chunky mess..
- When all combined add a tbsp of hot water at a time until it is all smoothed back out and looks (smells) like donut topping..
- Pour over the jiggly cake evenly and let it drip down the sides. Refrigerate to set it..
- More dance party (to burn calories) now put the cake inside of you..
I found this video and recipe last night and was determined to have success since I had the pudding left from yesterday's flop. A Boston cream pie is an American dessert consisting of a yellow butter cake filled with custard or cream and topped with chocolate glaze. The dessert acquired its name when cakes and pies were cooked in the same pans, and the words were used interchangeably. Heat over medium heat until bubbles appear at the edges; set aside. This Boston Cream Pie recipe features a simple vanilla cake filled with homemade pastry cream and topped with a chocolate ganache.