Chocolate and Extravagant Strawberries for Valentine's Day.
You can have Chocolate and Extravagant Strawberries for Valentine's Day using 17 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate and Extravagant Strawberries for Valentine's Day
- You need of A.
- Prepare 60 grams of ┌ Cake flour.
- You need 30 grams of │Almond flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of │Cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of │Baking powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of │Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 dash of └ Salt.
- You need 40 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need of Ganache.
- It’s 1 of bar Meiji milk chocolate.
- It’s 50 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of Rum.
- You need of Decorations.
- You need 1 of bar Meiji milk chocolate.
- It’s 1 of Pink sugar sprinkles.
- Prepare 20 of Strawberries.
Chocolate and Extravagant Strawberries for Valentine's Day instructions
- Add the "A" ingredients to a bowl and mix them together thoroughly with a whisk..
- Cut up chilled butter into small pieces and add it to the mixture from Step 1. Combine and break the butter with your fingers until it is all in tiny pieces..
- Add heavy cream and mix together with a rubber spatula..
- Roll the dough into a tube with a 3 cm circumference. Wrap it in saran wrap and leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes..
- Once it has rested, take it out and cut into 7-8mm slices. This should make about 26 cookies..
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes in the oven at 200°C. Note: that depending on your oven, the cooking time may vary, so I suggest you check the cookies after 15 minutes..
- Prepare 2 Meiji milk chocolate bars (70 g each)..
- I used these pink sugar sprinkles that are in the shape of little red, white, and pink hearts. It was love at first sight when I found them at the grocery store..
- For the decorations Put one bar of milk chocolate (70 g) in a cornet bag and then place it in hot water to melt the chocolate..
- Cut a 2-3 mm opening in the tip of the cornet bag and then draw about 20 hearts on parchment paper. Note: you can put printed copies of a heart shape under the parchment paper to trace when drawing the chocolate hearts..
- Add sprinkles to the chocolate before it hardens. Note: in a normal temperature room it will take more than 20-30 minutes for the chocolate to harden so there is no rush..
- Once you've added sprinkles, put the chocolate in the refrigerator to cool..
- Ganache Put the other milk chocolate bar (70 g) and heavy cream in a double boiler and mix together as the chocolate melts..
- Remove from the double boiler and let it cool. Once cooled, add rum and mix it all together with a whisk until it becomes cream (mix until you can see streaks in the batter from the whisk). Note: as the batter cools it will get harder and harder, so just be patient as you mix. Add about one teaspoon of rum or as much as you like; I added quite a bit..
- Place the ganache on top of the cookies with a spoon..
- Place strawberries on top of the ganache..
- Place a dot of ganache on the tip of the strawberries..
- Stick the chocolate heart decorations you made in Step 12 on the ganache on top of the strawberries and it's all finished. Let the finished product cool really well in the refrigerator before eating..
- You can box them up to give as a present. I gave these to my father. My boyfriend was over when I made his, so I just gave them to him unwrapped..