Rice Croquette (Vegetarian). The Best Vegetarian Croquettes Recipes on Yummly Quinoa Croquettes With Cilantro Yogurt Sauce, Chickpea Croquettes (gluten-free) With Cilantro Yogurt Sauce, Spinach And Roasted Red Pepper Tofu Croquettes Notes. Customization: Feel free to play around with the types and amounts of vegetables used.
The Best Vegetable Croquettes Recipes on Yummly Vegetable Croquettes, Mixed Vegetable Croquettes, Potato And Beef Croquettes. Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Yummly Pro Guided Recipes New Smart Thermometer. You can cook Rice Croquette (Vegetarian) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice Croquette (Vegetarian)
- It’s 3 cups of Steamed Rice.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of Flour (total).
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Butter or Margarine.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Cheese (any kind).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- It’s of Vegetable Oil for frying.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Onion Powder, Garlic Powder (to taste).
- You need of Tomato Sauce (for final presentation to taste).
Gourmandelle is a vegetarian food blog with vegan and vegetarian recipes, raw food desserts, free vegetarian meal plans, macrobiotic recipes, gluten-free living tips and more! On this vegetarian food blog, you'll find many useful tips for vegetarians and vegans, plus many other great resources. Okay, guys, this is our potato croquette station. Croquettes are like a fancier version of loaded mashed potatoes.
Rice Croquette (Vegetarian) instructions
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. of butter or margarine. Add 1 Tbsp. of flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined..
- Pour in 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly as it thickens. Season with some salt and pepper. Set aside..
- In a bowl, combine 3 cups of steamed rice, the white sauce and 1 cup of shredded cheese, and Mix well. Season to taste with some onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper..
- Form the rice mixture into a golf ball-size. (If the mixture is too soft to form, cool it down in the refrigerator.).
- First flour the ball in 2 Tbsp. of flour. Then dip it in 2 whisked eggs Then press it into ½ cup of bread crumbs. Tap off excess. Repeat with the remaining rice mixture..
- Pour about 3 inches of vegetable oil into a skillet and heat the oil over medium heat. (Drop a small solid bit of some bread crumbs into the oil to check that the oil is hot enough. If the bread crumbs float with bubbles, the oil is ready.).
- Add the balls to the oil 3 or 4 pieces at a time. Fry for 1 minute on each side. Repeat with the remaining rice ball..
- Drain on a metal rack. (This makes the croquette texture crunchy.).
They're fluffy, fried, and delicious but without all of the mess. Pass the tea and the vegan croquettes at your spring tea party. The croquettes should be nicely browned. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with a green salad. Tip: Use leftover rice from your Creamy Chicken in Mushroom Sauce dish for the croquettes.