Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake. This pressure cooker Mexican casserole is the complete dinner package. Here is a really easy Instant Pot taco casserole recipe that is full of flavor and lots of cheese! Your whole family will surely love this flavorful dinner and it's delicious the next day if you have leftovers.
My first taco pie in the Instant Pot. I assure you, it will not be my last. The prep took longer than the cooking time. You can cook Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake
- Prepare 3 of frozen chicken thighs.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of taco/chili seasoning.
- You need 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 6 of sprouted tortillas.
Believe it or not, this dish is not too fattening. Combine chicken broth, picante sauce, green chiles, and lime juice in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add chicken and sprinkle taco seasoning mix over the chicken. Mix in tomatoes, salsa, and taco/chili seasoning in a medium mixing bowl.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake step by step
- Cook the chicken in the Instant Pot for 30 minutes. Pull the meat..
- Mix in tomatoes, salsa, and taco/chili seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Add more or less seasoning based on taste.
- Use 2 tortillas to line the bottom of a Corning ware dish. Spread 1/3 of the refried beans over the tortillas. Next spread half of the chicken mixture. After that sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese..
- Use 2 more tortillas to cover the layer you made in the previous step. Spread 1/3 of the refried beans and then the rest of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the cheese..
- Cover this new layer with the last 2 tortillas. Spread the rest of the refried beans and sprinkle the remaining cheese..
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cover the taco bake with foil and put in oven for 30 minutes. To finish, optionally, remove foil and put under the broiler for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with typical taco tops..
Add more or less seasoning based on taste. Instant Pot Chicken is one of the quickest (and easiest) ways to cook chicken! Just a few simple ingredients (and fresh or frozen chicken) are tossed into your electric pressure cooker, push a button and voila, dinner is ready! One nice feature I've found when using an Instant Pot is that you can cook food from frozen. Nice when you are in a crunch and need to get dinner on the table!