Apricot Pie *Vegan. Spoon the apricot filling over the pie crust in the dish, and top with the reserved crust. Easy Vegan apricot pie for beginniers. This recipe is very simple yet very yummy and uses just a few ingredients!
I spent a long time deciding what to call this dessert. It could have been an apricot cashew cheesecake meringue pie. It could have been an apricot and cashew tart with vegan meringue topping. You can have Apricot Pie *Vegan using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apricot Pie *Vegan
- It’s of Pie Crust is the same as Apple Pie one.
- Prepare 2 of kgs ripe and sweet apricot.
- You need 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice (can be skipped).
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cinamon powder.
- Prepare of Margarine for wipping the tray.
- It’s of Egg wash:.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
MD Vegan processing almonds with walnuts and dates, pressing into the bottom of a springform, filling with apricots blended with cashews and coconut oil. This pie reminds me of childhood. We had an apricot tree in the backyard and, while it was messy with the dropped fruit all over the ground at times, the fresh apricots were delicious. This recipe calls for dried apricots, but you could also use fresh or canned.
Apricot Pie *Vegan step by step
- Pre-heat the oven 200° C.
- Apricots washed and pitted, cut into 2, put them in a mixing bowl. Mix with all the ingredients (if your apricots are not too sweet, add more sugar or skip the lemon juice, because it will be too sour in the end..
- Roll the first dough, wipe the tray lightly with margaine, place the dough in the tray neatly..
- Pour the apricot mixture, pat it down..
- Roll the second dough, cut it long rectangle with pizza cutter or knife, put it on top of the apricot mixture, cut the extra edge, and pinch around the edge so it's neat..
- Crack an egg in a small bowl, mix it well with sugar and use the cooking brush to wash the top of the pie..
- Put the pie into pre-heated oven and let the juice bubbles around 20-30 mins with 200° C heat. When it bubbles, take it out of the oven and let it settle..
- Apricot pie can be served with ice cream or honey on top..
To make the milky caramelised pecans: If possible use a small sauce pan. Add the sugars & the water and cook on medium heat till all sugar is dissolved. Then bring to high heat (boil) and immediately reduce to medium/low. Put the apricot chunks in a baking dish and toss with the maple syrup and cinnamon. Fold back the first, third and fifth strips of dough all the way to the edge of the pie.