Lamb Curry With Spicy Couscous. For the lamb curry, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion until softened. Place the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the hot vegetable stock. I've tweaked this curry over the years using a blend of aromatic spices.
Whatever you choose, slowly cooking the lamb is the key to I first encountered this lamb curry at my friend Elizabeth Abbott's parent's house and begged her mother Maria for the recipe. The spicy curry sauce was pretty close to what Silly Goose's sauce actually is, and we loved it all over the dish – it made a ton The couscous was spot-on and I replaced the shrimp with scallops just 'cause I felt fancy. The couscous is infused with sesame oil so. You can have Lamb Curry With Spicy Couscous using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lamb Curry With Spicy Couscous
- Prepare of For the lamb.
- Prepare 300 grams of lean diced lamb.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of Ground turmeric.
- You need 1 of Ground gara masala.
- You need 1 of Dried parsley.
- You need 1 of Hot chili powder.
- You need 1 of Paprika.
- Prepare of For the couscous.
- Prepare 160 grams of Couscous.
- Prepare 1 of Boiling water.
- Prepare dash of malt vinegar.
- Prepare dash of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot paprika.
- Prepare pinch of garlic powder.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
And her lamb curry recipe certainly taught us how quickly we could make something A Traditional Lamb Curry, Adapted for the Pressure Cooker. Back in the kitchen at home This is a very spice-heavy dish (but not spicy from heat), so make sure you make lots of. This lamb curry is made with tomatoes and onions cooked with spices for a rich, hearty dish that's perfect to make for a crowd. Lamb curry is delicious served with steamed basmati rice, Indian cucumber salad, and raita.
Lamb Curry With Spicy Couscous step by step
- Cut the onions into half-moon shaped pieces and fry in a large saucepan in the olive oil until softened.
- Add the finely minced garlic cloves and continue frying until both onions and garlic are browning.
- Add the lamb and fry to seal it.
- Add the spices, making sure every cube of lamb has a decent amount sprinkled in its surface (plus more to taste).
- Continue fry until the lamb is cooked through – cut a cube open to check, although some may prefer it a little rarer.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the saucepan and simmer, ensuring that the sauce doesn't reduce too much. Add more spice to taste.
- For the couscous – put all of them (bar the water) into a bowl and pour the boiling water on top. You should pour enough so that the couscous is covered, plus a little extra..
- Voilà! Serve and enjoy.
If you thicken the gravy, it tastes great. Slow cooked lamb curry with a rich and delicately spiced coconut curry sauce. Minimal effort with loads of flavour. Other Recipes You Might Like: Gallery image with caption: Healthier Slow Cooked Spicy Chicken Rogan Josh. The Spicy Lamb Curry recipe out of our category Lamb!