Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only. Corn cheese (콘치즈) is a quick, simple but also delicious side dish. It is quite often used in Korea as a side dish but is most popular as anju (안주). Anju is a general term used in Korea to describe food that is usually eaten with alcohol.
Combine corn, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, black pepper, onion and chili in a mixing bowl. How to make Korean style corn cheese. It's really easy and simple to make. please do try it! You can have Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cooked sweet corn kernels (better fresh vs canned).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced green and red bell peppers.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of sugar (or to taste).
- It’s of Optional: sliced rice cakes (Tteokbokki).
This bacon-studded 'cheese corn' is a popular bar snack in Korea, made of pure bacon-y, creamy, cheesy, corny decadence. The original recipe uses a combination of mayonnaise and sweetened condensed milk, but we're going with heavy cream here for a lighter approach. I added a few pieces of thin garaetteok rice cake to the corn cheese in this recipe to make it look so good and give you an idea for a quick and simple breakfast. It also makes a good side dish for beer and you see corn-cheese in served in many Korean bars as drinking food (anju)..
Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only instructions
- Melt butter on low heat..
- Add corn, mayo, sugar, bell peppers and mix well. Optional: add rice cakes. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Remember not to put too much salt as cheese will be added later..
- Add cheese and place cover to melt cheese..
- Optional: Broil in the oven to char the cheese on top a little bit. Serve as a side dish for fried chicken. Best paired with soju..
Korean corn cheese is a popular cheesy, sweet and savory snack typically enjoyed with drinks. I tinkered around a bit and combined it with the flavours of Elote (Mexican Grilled Corn) for a more flavorful way to enjoy corn this summer. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh scallions. Fry Corn Dogs over low heat. Carefully cook Corn Dog because this is easy to cook and tend to burn easily.