Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling). At this point, the uncooked part of the eggplant (which is the part with meat) is facing down. Simply remove the plate and continue cooking until your tortang talong with ground pork is done. Try this Tortang Talong with Ground Pork Recipe.
Eggplant Omelette or Tortang Talong is a Filipino Dish often served with rice for lunch or even breakfast. The eggplant is grilled until charred that gives off the smoky taste on the dish. Tortang Talong is a Filipino term that refer to eggplant omelet. You can have Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling)
- It’s 3 cloves (10 grams) of Garlic.
- It’s 1 piece (30 grams) of Onion.
- You need 175 grams of Ground Pork.
- Prepare 2 pieces (200 grams) of Eggplant.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need of Iodized Salt.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
This video shows how to make eggplant omelet with crabmeat one step at a time. It starts by preparing the crabmeat. Tortang Talong is what we call this simple Eggplant omelette in the Philippines. The eggplants are broiled or grilled until tender, skins are charred and blister appears.
Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) instructions
- Prepare the eggplant: Wash the eggplant in running water and dry. Get a fork and poke holes on the eggplant. Broil it in the oven until the skin turns brown and meat is soft. Peel off the skin (be careful as it very hot). Mash it a little bit using a fork until it flattens. Set aside. ©homebasedchef.
- Cook the meat filling: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Sauté the chopped garlic and red onion. Add in the ground pork and continue sautéing. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the pork turns light in color. Set aside..
- Prepare the egg mixture: Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the eggplant and mix with the egg in a mashing motion. Make sure to spread the eggplant to make space for the ground pork. Add the cooked pork on top and mix in the egg..
- Fry the omelette: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Hold the stem of the eggplant on one hand and hold the bowl/plate in the other hand. Slide the eggplant mixture into the pan carefully to maintain its form. Fry the omelette thoroughly on both sides..
- Repeat steps #3 and 4 for the remaining eggplant..
Traditionally prepared with just plain eggplant, (charred skin removed), flattened its meat with a fork then beaten egg are added. For this one, I added stir fried ground meat. Tortang talong or eggplant omelette is probably one of the cheapest yet delicious dish that everyone loves. What more if you add some ground beef and cheese? This tortang talong with beef giniling will definitely will bring your tortang talong to the next level.