Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
You can have Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- It’s 1 gallon of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 of Fresh Spicy Peppers, your choice. I use Calabraise Hot peppers.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 of Wide-Mouthed gallon container.
Spicy Extra Virgin Olive Oil instructions
- In a freshly cleaned, dried One gallon glass or non-BPA plastic container, add 1/2 gallon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add a very significant amount of clean peppers to the oil..
- You may wish to fork-stab peppers or score them to expedite capsaicin release into the oil.
- Begin trial using cayenne and/or Fresno peppers if you do not have Calabraise Hot Peppers. Both age nicely and give the oil a delicious flavor.
- Top off the oil leaving just a little room on top..
- Add a couple splashes of Apple cider vinegar on the very top layer of the oil before capping. This helps prevent any unwanted growth..
- Once Apple cider vinegar is in place, be careful not to shake it up, or tilt the container.
- To further prevent any unwanted visitors, make sure all peppers are fully submerged in the oil.
- Let pepper oil age anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months depending on your taste and the thickness of the pepper flesh..
- At the end of the aging process you will have your Spicy Pepper Oil, and delicious, oil cured peppers you may then use in sauces and other dishes..