Pan cooked Oxtail. I made your southern smothered oxtails yesterday for Sunday dinner. It was the best oxtails I have ever eaten. Dear Lord it was so good!
We know an outstanding dish when we taste it. I modified it only in the fact that I did not use a slow cooker. Now return the oxtails to the pot along with the stock, tomato paste, bay leaves, peppercorns, and rosemary. You can cook Pan cooked Oxtail using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan cooked Oxtail
- Prepare 1 lb of Oxtail.
- You need 1/4 cup of browning or soy sauce(taste better with browning sauce).
- You need 2 tbsp of oxtail seasoning or your fav seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt 🧂.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumming.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 box of chicken stock (32oz).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped carrots 🥕.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion 🌰.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers.
- You need 1 of glove garlic.
- You need 1 can of buttered bean.
Heat on the stovetop until the liquid comes to a boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and transfer the whole thing to the preheated oven. This video is about cooking Stove Top Beef Oxtails. DISCLAIMER : I DO NOT OWN OR HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THE MUSIC USED IN THIS VIDEO. Cook the oxtails until they're completely tender when you poke them with a fork.
Pan cooked Oxtail step by step
- Wash oxtail, then add powdered seasonings and browning unto oxtail meat and mix well. Allow meat 🍖 to marinate overnight or 1hr.
- Pour cooking oil to pan and let hot,then add the oxtail and allow to brown/sear for 4mins on each side. Add chicken or beef stock and cover and allow to cook for 4 to 5hrs or until meat is tender. Cook in medium to low heat add water or stock when necessary..
- Once meat is tender add chopped onions, carrots 🥕, bell peppers, garlic and cover. Simmer for 10mins. Then add beans and cover for another 2mins. ENJOY!!.
Once they're cooked, carefully remove the pan from the oven and serve the oxtails with roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes. That need for long, slow cooking means oxtails in a Crock-Pot is a match made in culinary heaven. Transfer into the slow cooker bowl. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the oxtails to the pan.