Paleo Sausage Stuffed Peppers. Try This Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe With Just A Few Ingredients For A Tasty Meal. Delicious & Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Made With Ground Beef, Rice, & Italian Seasoning. Sausage and peppers has always been one of my favorite Italian comfort foods, and also rather easy to make.
If you've been around Savoring Today for along, you know I don't follow or promote exclusive diets. Stuffed peppers is one of those dinners that is so easy to make but looks elegant enough for dinner guests. Back in our pre-paleo days, I would load up on rice and cheese in our peppers, and all that really did was add bulk, not nutrients and real substance. You can have Paleo Sausage Stuffed Peppers using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paleo Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 1 lb of ground Italian hot sausage..
- You need 5 medium of assorted bell peppers.
- You need 8 oz of Can tomato paste.
- You need 1 small of white onion, medium dice.
- You need 1/2 head of of garlic, minced..
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried basil.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
The beauty of now making grain free, dairy-free paleo stuff peppers is that we're actually getting more. Give this easy Paleo stuffed peppers recipe a try for your family's next weekend lunch or dinner! I've made a few tweaks to the original recipe I think make it even better. Also in this new version, you can either add cauliflower rice or parboiled white rice to the stuffing mixture.
Paleo Sausage Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Cut the tops off of your peppers and scoop out and discard the seed, yet do save the tops!.
- Add your minced garlic, basil, and dried herbs, and onion.
- Use a very hot skillet to lightly brown your sausage. This step is entirely optional based on your motivational level. The sausage will cook just fine in your slow cooker, yet I personally like to hit it with a little sear to take the flavor up a notch..
- Add your sausage and can of tomato paste to your bowl of seasoned cauliflower and mix by hand. Let the kids do this part, getting hands messy in necessary, a spoon just won’t cut it..
- Cook on low for 6 hours. I set my slow cooker to shut off once it’s temperature probe hit 180°F. Maybe I just like using that feature. Just cook it on low for 6 hours..
- Fit as much of your sausage mixture into your peppers as you can. Place your peppers into your slow cooker and loosely place the pepper tops back on. If you have extra meat and mixture, just jam in between your peppers and let it cook. You could save it for a breakfast scramble too if you are awesome, yet I’d just feed the slow cooker more..
Okay, I made these Paleo Sausage Stuffed Peppers and they were AH-MAZING! I have never ever ever ever liked stuffed peppers before but I will be adding these bad boys to the rotation! (Husband is doing Paleo and loves stuffed peppers and I stumbled across this recipe. Coat a small baking dish with coconut oil spray. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the stems and very top of the peppers off, removing the seeds.