One Pot Beans and Rice.
You can cook One Pot Beans and Rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One Pot Beans and Rice
- You need 75 grams of cubed pancetta.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 500 grams of tomato puree/passata.
- Prepare 1 can of beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white rice, uncooked.
- It’s 1 of salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
One Pot Beans and Rice step by step
- Fry the pancetta in a soup pot. Add garlic as soon as the pancetta starts browning.
- When fragrant, deglaze the pot with water (the amount is listed above) and scrape all burnt bits. Add bay leaf and tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Then, add the beans and rice.
- Stir frequently, taste and season. Add more water if needed. Rice will be done in about 15 min. Serve immediately.