Baked Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta. Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil. You name it, I've bruschetta-fied it. Scrambled eggs, buttery toast, smashed avocado and diced veggies are common teammates in the culinary world, but it's the presentation that transforms this simple dish from an everyday snack to an entertaining slam dunk.
Today I am going back to my happy place, breakfast recipes… Staring this Breakfast Bruschetta on Avocado Toast. To make the avocado bruschetta: halve the avocado; scoop the flesh into a bowl, along with the lime juice, then mash roughly, using a fork, and season to taste. Spread clumpingly on each waiting piece of toast and sprinkle with the parsley. You can cook Baked Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta
- You need 1 of Avocado.
- You need 2 small of Eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Pico de Gallo or Chunky Salsa.
- Prepare 1/2 loaf of French Bread.
- Prepare 1 of Honey.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Dice avocado, tomatoes and green onions. Tomato and smashed avocado bruschetta appetizer, a California spin on a favorite Italian classic recipe. Like the best breakfast avocado toast you've ever had.
Baked Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut avocado in half (leave skin on), remove seed, remove additional 1 tbsp from center of each half to accommodate egg..
- Salt and pepper avocado to taste..
- Crack 2 eggs into bowl, be careful not to damage yolk..
- Using a tablespoon, transfer 1 yolk to the center of each avocado half. Use egg white to fill space around yolk. Lightly salt and pepper..
- Place avocado halves in preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until finished. You can keep halves level by placing two mounds of kosher salt on a baking sheet and resting the avocados on the center of these mounds..
- While the avocado and eggs are baking, grill or toast 8-12 small round slices of bread..
- Arrange avocado and toast on plate, drizzle honey over toast and serve a few tablespoons of salsa beside avocado and eggs..
- To eat, scoop flesh of baked avocado and egg onto toast. Top with salsa as desired..
Except the bread is grilled instead of toasted giving it that rustic smoky flavor throughout along with a soft interior and crispy exterior. Bruschetta is delicious and quite healthy as far as appetizers go. Well unless you put fried onion rings and bacon on it. then not so much. However, I like good-for-you sorts of things. So toasted slices of whole grain french bread are slathered with one of my favorites: heart-healthy smashed avocado mixed with sea salt and fresh lime juice.