Vegetarian mexican lasagna. Loaded with Mexican flavours, made entirely from scratch, this is meat-free food for carnivores at its finest! This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
If you don't want to go through the hassle of boiling noodles for this lasagna, just use your favorite tortilla wrap. Top this Mexican Lasagna as you would any Taco-making it very much like Taco Lasagna. I love to top mine with avocado, onion, tomato, and sour cream. You can cook Vegetarian mexican lasagna using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mexican lasagna
- You need 2 tablespoon of avocado oil.
- You need 1 of large red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of large orange bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 pack of mexican veggie ground round (I've used yves veggie).
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of cheezwhiz.
- Prepare 150 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso).
- You need to taste of hot sauce (I've used Cholula original).
- It’s 5 of flour tortillas (I've used Old el Paso smart fiesta).
- Prepare 25 ml of taco sauce (I've used Old el Paso mild).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
- You need to taste of chipotle or chili powder.
Spread with half of the corn mixture; sprinkle with half of the cheese. This is from Vegetarian Times: Low-Fat and Fast (highly recommended). I've made it quite a few times now, and it's a nice bit of comfort food that doesn't require meat, doesn't add on the pounds, and uses up stuff left in the fridge. I like to serve it with lime cilantro rice and salad.
Vegetarian mexican lasagna instructions
- Heat up the oil in a large skillet at medium/high heat and cook the bell peppers for 2 minutes..
- Add in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often..
- Lower the heat to low and add in the ground round, breaking it in tiny bits with a wooden spoon..
- Add in 2 tablespoon of cheezwhiz, 150 ml of taco sauce and hot sauce to taste. Mix well. Add 1 more tablespoon of cheezwhiz if you like it extra cheesy..
- Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and set aside..
- Preheat the oven at 350°..
- Lay one tortilla in a pyrex pie plate..
- Cover the tortilla with a quater of the ground round mix, lay a tortilla on top and gently press with hands..
- Repeat till you have 4 layers of ground round mix. Top layer must be a tortilla..
- Spread 25 ml of taco sauce on top of the last tortilla, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with chipotle or chili powder..
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Broil under the grill last 2 minutes..
- Cut in 4 piece and serve with a side of green salad..
For a tight schedule, assemble ahead of time and refrigerate and then pop it in the oven. VEGETARIAN MEXICAN LASAGNA Bake is filled with vegetables, noodles, ricotta and mozzarella cheese! Taco seasoning gives it a delicious Mexican flavor! This healthy meal recipe is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time for a quick weeknight meal, all you have to do is bake it! This vegetarian tortilla casserole, also know as a Mexican Lasagna, is my go-to recipe when I want to make a fast healthy dinner that everyone will love.