Menudo. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Menudo, also known as pancita ([little] gut or [little] stomach, from Spanish: Panza; "Gut/Stomach") or mole de panza ("stomach sauce"), is a traditional Mexican soup, made with cow's stomach in broth with a red chili pepper base. It shares a name with a stew from the Philippines made with pork and pork liver.
If you don't know what that is, it is the meat from a cow's stomach. Now it might come as a shock to you, but it can actually be very delicious if you prepare it the right way, and that is my goal with this recipe today! Place beef tripe into a pot of boiling water, just enough to cover the tripe. You can cook Menudo using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Menudo
- Prepare 1 pc of medium sized carrots.
- Prepare 1 pc of medium sized potato.
- It’s 1 pc of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of pork (pigue).
- It’s 1/4 kg of pork liver.
- Prepare 2 pcs of dries laurel leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 100 gms of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 pc of onion.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 10 ml of soy sauce.
Add garlic and onions and salt. Universal Television is developing an a hour-long, weekly competition series that will "search for and rebuild" the iconic Latin American boy band, TVLine has learned. Like in many cultures, Menudo's origins are rooted in the fact that offal was considered a garbage cut and was thus very cheap. This made it a good source of protein for the masses.
Menudo step by step
- Prepare the ingredients cut the pork, carrot, potato and bell pepper into cubes. Mince 3 pcs of garlic and the onion then mix it with the salt, pepper, laurel leaves and the soy sauce..
- Marinade the pork with the mixture and leave for 30mins to 1hr..
- Mince then saute the 3 remaining garlic cloves. Then add the marinated pork. Saute for 10mins..
- Add half cup of water then let it simmer until the meat becomes tender. (add water occasionally if the meat is not yet ready).
- When the meat is tender add the diced carrot, potato and bell pepper then add the tomato sauce..
- Let it simmer in low heat until the carrot and potato are ready. Serve with rice. Enjoy!.
Today, there are many regional variations, but most include tripe , which are the stomachs (yes they have more than one) of ruminant animals. Pork Menudo is the number one on the list of my comfort foods and it's hard for me to last a month without trying one – literally. It is traditionally prepared as a family and is served at communal gatherings. This tripe soup is usually sold on weekends in small mom-and-pop kitchens called "Fondas", or in restaurants that specialize in Typical Mexican antojitos. The tripe soup is called different names depending on the region.