Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Easy roasted red pepper hummus recipe with sweet red bell peppers, chickpeas, garlic, and tahini. This recipe is simple to make and makes hummus that's so much better than Jump to the full Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe or watch our quick recipe video showing you how to make it. This easy roasted red pepper hummus is creamy, smoky, sweet, with just enough spicy kick!
The roasted red peppers give this hummus a deeper flavor when spiked with the heat of the chipotle pepper. The chipotle is completely optional but it gives an earthy spiciness I really love. And bonus: Roasted red bell pepper hummus makes a perfectly portable lunch. You can have Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- It’s 3 cup of chickpeas drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 of Sweet Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Hot Sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Tahini.
Red bell peppers roasted to perfection give Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus To Go a sweet, smoky flavor with just the right amount of zip. Cooked Chickpeas, Water, Tahini (Ground Sesame), NonGMO Soybean Oil, Red Bell Pepper, Garlic, Salt ,NonGMO Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate Added. Hummus made with roasted red bell peppers, tahini and spices. This hummus is creamy, smoky, slightly sweet and spicy, garlicky goodness!
Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus step by step
- Mix together the dry spices (salt, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper ).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the red pepper into squares and in a medium mixing bowl add in 1 tbs coconut oil and sprinkle a portion of the dry mixture on top and then toss.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes turning the pieces every 5-10 minutes to allow for the pepper to Roasted evenly.
- In a mixer with a blade attachment add the chick peas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, hot sauce, coconut oil, roasted red pepper, and spice mixture then blend on high speed until smooth..
Hummus is the ultimate healthy snack to have on hand… it's loaded with protein, fiber, and heart-healthy fat. It's really filling, which means it will help. This hummus recipe combines feta cheese, lemon juice, and roasted red peppers with cayenne pepper for a spicy dip. I have always found hummus way too bland until I tried this! Serve with chips, pita chips or cut vegetables.