Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits. These easy buttermilk biscuits are a lazy weekend morning necessity at our house. We serve them with butter and homemade jam or smother them with sausage gravy. And when I'm not baking up a batch of biscuits for breakfast, I'm serving them alongside a bowl of soup or another cozy meal.
Now you can make your own. I often use buttermilk in my biscuits because it adds a nice flavor to them and helps to tenderize the dough. Buttermilk isn't the only ingredient that makes a great biscuit, however, and these Flaky Sour Cream Biscuits are good enough to give buttermilk biscuits a run for their money. You can have Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prepare 3 cups of sifted self rising flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetables oil.
- It’s 2 cups of buttermilk approx.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 of small block sharp cheddar cheese, optional.
The tender biscuits are made with butter and sour cream. Buttermilk biscuits. all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting, baking powder, sugar, salt, unsalted butter, Cut into small pieces and frozen, buttermilk. There are so many great basic buttermilk biscuit recipes. Every time I serve these biscuits, my husband declares they're the best biscuits ever… A declaration like that is worth its weight in gold! 😉 And thanks to Brandi, a Traditional Cooking School eCourse member, these buttermilk biscuits are oh-so-fluffy.
Patsy's Buttermilk Biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven 375-400. Sift flour into mixing bowl.
- Add oil.
- Pour in buttermilk till dough sticks to spoon when held upside down, but only holds a heaping spoonful. If using cheese use a.
- Coat pan, 8×5, or better yet baking stone with small lip, with butter. Drop tablesspoonful of batter each just barely touching..
- If using cheese use teaspoon of batter then a 1/4 inch thick slice cheese the same size as biscuit pressing slightly. Then add another teaspoon of dough on top..
- Bake center rack 30-40 minutes, till tops are golden. You can check bottom using fork to lift a side biscuit. If bottom starts to brown before top Chang to broil till tops are golden..
She taught me how to fold the dough into luscious layers. Growing up, we always had homemade biscuits, cornbread, or rolls with our supper. There are times when baking powder biscuits are necessary. Sausage gravy, for instance, demands light, tender homemade biscuits hot from the oven. Unfortunately, mine were neither light nor tender.