Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew. Great recipe for Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew. This recipe is much like a pot roast but with chinese flavors. Its deeply savory, rich, and satisfying.
Curry with lots of chunky vegetables is good, but curry with the vegetables melted into the roux is really tasty too! The key is to properly parboil the beef tendon with ginger to remove any gaminess. Its deeply savory, rich, and satisfying. You can have Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew
- You need 2-3 lbs of beef short ribs.
- You need 1 lb of beef tendon.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 3 of shallots, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 5 of spring onions.
- It’s 4 inch of ginger, peeled & sliced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 3 Tbsp of chu hou paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 of whole star anise.
- It’s 5 inches of orange peel.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of daikon, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 3 of parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 5 oz of shitake, sliced.
- Prepare 1 can of baby corn.
- You need 4 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of corn starch.
It's well worth the effort to find beef tendon for this recipe as it is full of. The Mr. would be ALL over it!! Your photos are so gorgeous Maggie, and love the videos, definitely signing up! Use your Instant Pot and this easy recipe to cook Beef Tendon (Gan Bo) in less than half the time it takes to cook on the stove top.
Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew instructions
- Place the beef tendon in the pressure cooker and add 1 cup water. Pressure cook on high pressure for 1 hour and 15 min and natural pressure release..
- While the tendon is cooking, prepare the other ingredients..
- Lay the short ribs out on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper..
- Separate the green from the white parts of the spring onion. Add the white parts to a small bowl and then prep the garlic, shallot and ginger into the bowl..
- Peel and cube the daikon and parsnips, and rough slice the shitake and add to a large bowl..
- In a small dish add the chu hou paste, soy sauces, oyster sauce, sugar, star anise and orange peel..
- When the tendon is done cooking, pour the cooking liquid out, and rinse the tendon under cool water. Cut the tendon into bite size pieces..
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Broil the short ribs for 5 minutes until they are seared and browning..
- In the cleaned out pressure cooker heat the oil with the saute function. Add the onions, shallot, garlic and ginger. Cook until they begin to brown and stick to the bottom of the pan and then add the shaoxing wine..
- After the shaoxing has deglaze the bottom of the pan, add the stock and the chu hou mixture. Stir to distribute..
- Layer in the short ribs and cubed tendon. Add the daikon, parsnip and mushroom on top..
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 10 min.
- Quick release the pressure. Drian the baby corn and add it to a bowl..
- Remove the daikon and parsnips and place on top of the baby corn. Leave this aside to stay warm..
- Replace the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for another 20 min.
- Let the pressure naturally release. Remove the lid and pick out the rib bones..
- Combine the starch and water into a slurry. Bring the stew to a simmer and add the slurry while stirring a little at a time until it thickens to your level of choosing..
- Add the reserved vegetables and mix. Dice the green stems of the onions for garnish..
Beef tendon is a popular ingredient in Asian cuisine. Added to hearty dishes like Beef Stew (Bo Kho) or Beef Noodle Soup (Pho Bo), beef tendon adds tantalizing richness and crunchy gelatinous texture to many dishes. The conventional method of boiling the tendon. Pressure Cooker Beef Brisket Stew with Daikon.. To make the brisket and tendon tender, a pressure cooker is perfect and shortens the cooking time.