Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers. Great recipe for Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers. Just know that by brining, your chicken will be much more juicy and flavorful than it would be without. Chances are, you'll need the extra juiciness if grilling or baking.
Just chop ingredients into cubes, skewer with a stick, and place said stick over the fire. Bust out the grill for these addictive barbecued kebabs made with bacon wrapped pork, chicken, pineapple and peppers, then mopped with a quick glaze of honey and sriracha. SO HAPPY we finally got our new grill. You can cook Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- You need of Meats.
- It’s 4 of Extra Large Boneless Chicken Breasts [fat trimmed].
- You need of Vegetables & Fruits.
- Prepare 4 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 1 can of Pineapple Chunks.
- Prepare 2 large of Purple Onions.
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 1 can of 20 oz Dole Crushed Pineapples.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Teriyaki Sauce [your favorite brand].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Minced Ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Teriyaki Miso Sauce [optional] [not to be mixed in marinade].
- You need of Optional Brine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Salt.
- You need of Equipment.
- You need 1 gallon of Sized Ziplock Bag.
- It’s 1 of Pair Barbecue Tongs.
- It’s 8 of Metal Skewers.
- You need 1 large of Bowl.
- It’s 1 small of Pot.
- It’s 1 of Brush.
- It’s of Serving Suggestions.
- It’s 1 of Tortilla – Naan – Pita Breads [or bad of your choosing].
- It’s 1 of White Rice.
The old one was on its last leg. Turn the skewers every five minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and reaches an internal temp of. For the chicken skewers, cut the chicken thighs into chunks, similar in size, and toss them with the oil, salt, and pepper. This is delicious and simple. add your choice of seasoning as you like and add the pineapples and juice. enjoyed..
Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers instructions
- TO BRINE CHICKEN: In a small pot, heat two cups water, salt and sugar until dissolved. Add some ice cubes to cool the mixture down. Pour in large bowl. Add chicken breasts. Add just enough cold water to cover breasts. Add four cups ice and mix up. Place in fridge to brine for five to six hours minimum or no longer than eight hours. You can also pre-cut your chicken into 1"x1" cubes and brine for 2 1/2 to 4 hours..
- Add everything in the Marinade section [except for the Teriyaki Miso Sauce] in a Ziplock bag and mix..
- Pull chicken from brine and place in marinade bag. Allow chicken to marinate for two hours or longer. Reserve marinade sauce for later use..
- Chop all vegetables in 1"x1" cubes. Cut chicken in 1"x1" cubes as well. Thread chicken on metal skewers starting and ending with chicken pieces. Thread vegetables and pineapple in between chicken pieces..
- OPTIONAL: Lightly brush constructed skewers with Teriyaki Miso Sauce. This sauce is optional since it does have a slightly bitter Miso taste to it. However, by adding the pineapple chunks, it negates the flavor almost entirely..
- Grill until fully cooked at 425° to 450°. Usually about 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn by turning skewers regularly. Serve with Tortillas, Naan bread or any other breads that you can place your chicken in..
- You can also bake these. I use a convection oven like the one pictured. If you choose to bake, add chicken chunks, vegetables and pineapples on a nonstick sheet or oven safe liner and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Serve with white rice..
- Lastly, you can use your pineapple marinade to make a thick sauce to drizzle over rice. Do this by bringing marinade to a hard boil and adding 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with a small amount of water in a seperate bowl. Then, slowly add it to your simmering marinade. Simmer until sauce thickens to the consistency you desire.The longer it simmers the thicker your sauce will become..
Lightly spray or brush the kabobs with peanut oil. Brine the chicken: In a container large enough to hold the chicken, stir the water, salt, and cane sugar until the salt and sugar dissolve. While the chicken brines, soak the smoking wood in water. Also, stir the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Alternating between the chicken and pineapple, thread the pieces onto the skewers.