Roasted leg of lamb. Our Lamb Is Raised On Grass & Local Grains, Giving It A Mild, Earthy Flavor. Unbelievably Healthy, Tender Lamb Raised On Protected, Pristine Pastures. Salt and pepper generously all over the top of lamb, place several sprigs of fresh rosemary under and on top of the lamb.
Shoulder has more fat running through it than leg, so you can actually roast it uncovered (here's my Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder recipe), but this recipe will also work with shoulder. Sea or kosher salt Season the lamb with sea salt and black pepper, then drizzle with the marinade and rub all over the meat. Place on the hot bars of the oven above the tray. You can have Roasted leg of lamb using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted leg of lamb
- Prepare 5 pound of Leg of lamb.
- Prepare of Garlic 5 gloves.
- Prepare Cup of yogurt.
- You need 1/4 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of each.
- It’s of Chili.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoon of Oregano.
- It’s 2 of anise star.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin seed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander seed.
- You need 5 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
Transfer lamb, fat side up, to a large roasting pan fitted with a rack, and add broth. We like our roast leg of lamb on the rare side of medium rare, and this roast was perfectly done to our taste. Clearly an accurate meat thermometer is essential, and it helps to insert the meat thermometer at different places into the deep interior of the roast to get a good read. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic.
Roasted leg of lamb instructions
- Over medium heat roast all spices for about 3 minutes then grind.
- In bowl add yogurt all spices on top add 1/4 olive oil and minced garlic and mix.
- Make few deep cuts in the meat start adding the mixture all over the meat special inside the cuts cover and refrigerate over night at least 12 hours.
- Get it out of the refrigerate let it rest for 20 minutes then Roast in oven 375 f for 2 hour and 45 minutes and broil for 10 minutes then turn the oven off and leave the meat inside the oven rest for 20 minutes enjoy over rice.
Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight. Usually leg of lamb is sold without the shank attached; you are just buying the upper part of the leg, as seen here, without the lower part. You can order a leg of lamb with the shank left on, however; this is sometimes called an "American leg," but usually it's simply referred to as "shank-on leg." Leg of lamb is making a comeback. For a special occasion or just for Sunday supper, feed a crowd with these foolproof lamb roasts.