Stuffed Taco Shells. Yes, you read that right: taco-stuffed pasta shells! You no longer have to choose between Italian or Mexican food for dinner—this dish has it all. Made with only seven ingredients in less than an hour, these stuffed taco shells are the perfect recipe for busy weeknights when you still want to put a flavorful, family-friendly dinner on the table.
All you need to add to this delicious taco inspired casserole is a simple tossed salad, or some roasted broccoli! Taco Stuffed Shells are an easy dinner of stuffed jumbo pasta shells with ground beef. With just the addition of taco seasoning, salsa and cheese your family will be asking for this dish to go in your regular rotation. You can cook Stuffed Taco Shells using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Taco Shells
- It’s 1 of large pack ground turkey (3 lbs.).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning mix.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce).
- You need 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis (10 ounce).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 box of jumbo shells (12 ounce).
- You need of Salt for boiling water.
- It’s 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
Serve with sour cream and onions. View All Recipes I Want to Discover. I found this recipe in a magazine a couple of years ago and it is a favorite at our house. We love cream cheese so I usually add a bit more than what the recipe calls for.
Stuffed Taco Shells step by step
- In a large pot coat bottom of pan with olive oil, heat on low heat……
- Brown ground turkey in olive oil until almost browned, drain any excess liquid from ground turkey…….
- Add to ground turkey your chopped onion, green pepper and garlic, sauté for several more minutes…….
- Next add in your black pepper, ground cumin, taco seasoning and both cans of diced tomatoes, bring to a boil, then add in your water, continue to boil for several more minutes……continue to cook for about 20 minutes, then remove from heat…….
- Meanwhile boil your jumbo shells in a large pot until al dente, remember to add salt to your boiling water 💧!!!!.
- Drain shells well…….
- In a large baking pan spread about a few tablespoons of turkey meat mixture onto bottom of pan……..
- Carefully spoon turkey mixture into each jumbo shell, then place shells onto meat sauce in baking pan, repeat until all shells are filled with turkey meat…….place any remaining turkey meat mixture over shells……..
- Add your shredded cheddar cheese over shells…….
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes……..
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
I haven't tried that but if you do, let me know how it turns out. Creamy and delicious Taco Stuffed Shells. Stuffed with taco meat, salsa, and cream cheese, stuffed in a shell, and baked with shredded cheese on top. Stuffed with seasoned chicken, cheese, corn, and salsa, Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells bring a whole new flavor to stuffed shells and Taco Tuesdays! If you love tacos, be sure to try my Taco Lasagna.