Paleo Creme Brulee. In the blender (I use the Twister Jar on my Blendtec), add the egg yolks and blend on Low speed for a few seconds. SLOWLY pour hot cream mixture through the hole in the lid of the blender into the yolks, in a very thin stream, blending constantly until all of the milk mixture is incorporated. For this keto creme brulee recipe, I used vanilla bean powder to provide those characteristic tiny black flecks.
Classic creme brulee gets an update in this Paleo-friendly recipe. Coconut cream makes for a remarkably thick and delicious custard, and that first crack into the torched coconut sugar crust is so satisfying. Easy pumpkin creme brulee is perfect for fall! You can cook Paleo Creme Brulee using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Paleo Creme Brulee
- It’s 1 can (13.5 oz) of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 can (13.5 oz) of coconut cream.
- You need 1 of vanilla bean.
- It’s 6 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey, agave, sugar, or xylitol.
And, paleo creme brulee is a naturally gluten-free treat. About the ingredients in Paleo Creme Brûlée. Full fat, canned coconut milk creates the creamy texture for the custard and cannot be substituted with another non-dairy milk. I do recommend using a brand like Thai Kitchen, which has a bit of guar gum as an emulsifier to create a creamier consistency.
Paleo Creme Brulee step by step
- Preheated oven to 325°F.
- Combine the can of coconut milk and cream in a medium saucepan..
- Scrape the inside of the vanilla bean and add to the coconut milks..
- Heat the coconut mixture on low heat for a few minutes. Do not wait for it to boil. Once it gets hot, turn it off..
- In a medium sized bowl combine egg yolks band desired sweetener..
- Once the coconut milk has heated slowly add it, little by little, to the yolk mixture and stir continuously..
- After you incorporate all of the milk, spoon it into ramekins..
- Put the ramekins onto a deep dish oven proof tray and add boiling hot water until the level reaches half way on the ramekins..
- Place in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the creme becomes almost solid..
- Cool and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or freeze..
- For glaze, after cooling add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and place in oven to broil for 3-5 minutes until sugar has melted..
- Cool and freeze for a few minutes and serve..
Egg yolks add creaminess and thicken the custard. The nutritional therapist in me wants to. To make this paleo vegan creme brulee, you'll need: Full-Fat Coconut Milk – make sure to use full-fat, as it's super important for adding creaminess to this recipe. Tapioca Starch – this is used for thickening. It can be replaced with arrowroot starch or cornstarch.