Ultimate creamy chicken livers. Great recipe for Creamy Chicken Livers Peri Peri. I am South African, and this is a dish served in most Restaurants here as a starter. We often have it at home on a Sunday night as a main course.
So I know that chicken livers might not be everyone's cup of tea but hear me out. Add the lemon juice and zest as well as salt and pepper. Lastly add the cream and cook until the cream has reduced a little. You can have Ultimate creamy chicken livers using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate creamy chicken livers
- You need 3 cups of cleaned chicken livers.
- Prepare 1 cup of button mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of Fresh cilantro to garnish.
While all this is happening, slice the sourdough bread and toast on a grid on the open fire. When the livers are done, serve on thick slices of toasted bread. Chicken livers are not only rich and delicious but easy on the pocket. Home Cook Jabulile Dube gives us her version of creamy chicken livers serv ed with toasted ciabatta roll slices.
Ultimate creamy chicken livers instructions
- In a pan on medium high heat have in the oil and sauté the minced garlic.
- Add in the thinly sliced onions until they are translucent.
- Add in the mushroom and cook till slightly soft.
- Now it’s time to put in the cleaned chicken livers together with the seasonings and cook until the livers are cooked through.
- When everything is cooked pour in the heavy cream and cook till the dish comes together creating a creamy gravy.
- Serve with rice or here served with fresh naan to mop all that yumminess in the gravy.
Served as a great entrée or main meal with pap, Dube's creamy chicken livers will be a hot hit on your dinner table. For really creamy chicken livers, you need a lot of butter ! Transfer the livers to the food processor and pulse several times until the livers are pureed. A different and delicious way to enjoy chicken livers. To make this dish healthier, I like to use yolkless noodles.