Cola marinated pork steaks.
You can cook Cola marinated pork steaks using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cola marinated pork steaks
- It’s 1-12 oz of can Coca Cola.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 6 of star anise.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 1 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 2.5 lbs of pork butt steaks, about 3/4 in thick.
Cola marinated pork steaks instructions
- Add all the ingredients except for the pork to a medium pot. Put on high heat and bring to a boil. Take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature..
- Lay the pork steaks in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Shake the marinade off the steaks and lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet with a rack. Bake for 30 minutes..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Sear the steaks for 2 minutes per side. Do them in batches if you have to, and don't worry if the meat scorches a bit. The lightly burned bits are the best part. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving..