Stuffed peppers… recycle your leftovers. Delicious & Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Made With Ground Beef, Rice, & Italian Seasoning. Great recipe for Stuffed peppers. recycle your leftovers. Revive your leftovers, cheap and quick!
We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Stuffed Peppers Soften cored bell peppers in the microwave, then load them up with diced meatloaf, tomato sauce, shredded pepper Jack, and cooked rice or orzo. You can have Stuffed peppers… recycle your leftovers using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed peppers… recycle your leftovers
- It’s 1 c of leftover rice.
- You need 4-6 oz of protien, diced: beef, chkn, or pork are recommended.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers, clean and cored.
- You need 5 oz of (+) grated or diced cheese.
- You need of Seasonings, salt & pepper + etc.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
Top with more cheese and bake. See great recipes for Italian Stuffed Peppers, Quinoa stuffed peppers too! Lots of combinations can be used, any leftover rice and meat plus cheese to taste 🙂 Can be a side or entree, great with soup and easy to travel to work for. I got the recipe a few years ago from your column.
Stuffed peppers… recycle your leftovers instructions
- Heat oven to 425°, include pyrex dish.
- Stuff peppers with protien filling the bottom 1/3. Stuff protien into cracks but do not flatten..
- Add rice to cover protien, about 2/3 full. Press rice into protien filling any gaps..
- Add seasonings, half the cheese, and butter (or sause such as au jus or gravy as available)..
- Fill remaining space in peppers with rice..
- Remove pyrex pan and cover with EVO or Pam. Add peppers ensuring they will not tip over..
- Cover pan with foil and bake @ 425° for 20 min on the bottom rack..
- Add cheese to top of peopers and broil on top rack until cheese has melted…about 5min.
- Let cool before serving. Add cheese or seasoning to taste..
I've since found that any leftover meat mixture is very good wrapped in flour tortillas and warmed in the microwave. I always make a double recipe of the filling just to have some leftovers. Remember when I made that Loaded Chili Mac& Cheese the other day? And how I was talking about having a lot of leftovers (which I had planned for! ;]) Now you know why! No really, it's one of my favorite things!