Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants. Cube pulp; set shells and pulp aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Our Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini is a great way to use the abundant amounts of zucchini that everyone seems to be growing in their gardens this summer!
Combine all ingredients for the stuffing. Fill each vegetable halfway with the stuffing, as it will increase in size as it cooks. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Recipes on Yummly You can cook Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants
- Prepare 1 cup of rice (3/4 American, 1/4 Egyptian).
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sweet pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of big ripe tomato diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried mint.
- Prepare 10 of zucchinis (bought ready for stuffing).
- You need 10 of eggplants (bought ready for stuffing).
- Prepare 5 of squash (bought ready for stuffing).
- It’s 1 of lemon.
Lightly spray the cut edges of the eggplant with nonstick cooking spray, then spoon one quarter of the vegetable mixture into each shell. Available all-year-round, aubergine (or eggplant) is an incredible ingredient to use in your vegetarian cooking. The eggplant and squash are stuffed with the same filling of seasoned rice and ground beef or lamb and then cooked together in the same pot in a light tomato based sauce. If you are not a fan of one or the other you can make this dish with only squash or only eggplant.
Vegetarian stuffed zucchini, eggplants instructions
- Wash the rice and soak it for 30 minutes.
- The stuffing: Dice the onions, the garlic and mix it with the rice, cinnamon, sweet pepper and salt. You can add a tablespoon of cooking oil..
- Stuff the vegetables but keep 1/4 empty.
- In a pot, put some oil and add the tomato sauce.. Stir around till it turns orange-like.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and stir and then add the lemon juice and the dried mint.
- Remove from the heat and start placing the stuffed vegetables..
- Fill with water until the vegetables are under 1cm of water..
- Put back on high heat until boil and then set the heat to medium.. The dish should be ready in 30 to 45 minutes..
Place the eggplant shells in the water, skin side up, and bring to a boil over a high flame. Drain the shells and put them on a baking sheet, skin side down. Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion, green pepper, zucchini, garlic and the reserved eggplant until tender. Stir in onion, garlic and parsley, and cook until tender. Season with basil, chilli flakes, salt and pepper.